Feeling Exposed

Tyler's POV

When Monday morning arrived, Zara and I were sitting in Clancy's office at Four Strikes. All he told me was that he needed to see the both of us ASAP when we got back from our trip. I became worried when he expressed his desire to see Zara, given that he is my manager and not hers.

Zara: What could it possibly be? He doesn't even manage me and he wanted me here.

Tyler: (sighs an rubs his forehead) Not sure. I'm hoping it's not anything serious.

Zara: Well it has to be if we're both here.

Just as she finished her statement, Clancy walked into the office and closed the door behind him.

Clancy: I'm sorry for calling the both of you in like this but yesterday Tyler, the publicist contacted me saying that someone had sent her some photos that were taken of you guys while you were away. She was able to buy them off of the person so that they didn't get out.

Tyler: (furrows brows) The fuck? That place was pretty much off grid. How the fuck did someone take pictures of us?

Zara: Do you have them?

He held up an orange envelope and handed it to Zara. She opened it up and there were pictures of the two of us on the beach. Playing in the water, kissing, hugging and eating on our picnic blanket.

Tyler: (shakes his head angrily) This shit never ceases to amaze me.

Clancy: I just wanted to let you guys know what was happening. I'm not sure if you all are public with your relationship yet or plan to be.

Tyler: With how well Ra's business is doing, media was gonna be on her eventually but in regards to the fashion world. I don't want these niggas watching her every move because she's with me.

Zara: (shifts in her seat) Yeah. This is making me feel weird. Someone basically invaded my privacy. It's disturbing people really make a living doing shit like this.

Clancy: Well. It looks like you two need to discuss some things over so I'll leave you to it.

Tyler: (sighs) Thanks, Clancy.

Clancy: No problem, T. You know I always got your back.

With that, he left back out of the office.

Zara: (looks at Tyler) What do we do about this?

Tyler: We have to be more careful about how we move publicly now.

Zara: So... I shouldn't be seen with you?

Tyler: That's not what I'm saying. I have no intentions on trying to hide you. All I'm saying is, we have to work harder now to keep niggas out of our business.

Zara: We shouldn't have to do that. Where we were two hours away from LA in the fucking mountains for crying out loud! This is insane!

Tyler: It probably wasn't even paparazzi themselves. There were a few people on the beach while we were there. Someone must've recognized me and thought they could make a quick bag if they went to publications. I'm glad they were stupid enough to find my publicist first and she paid them out.

Zara: But now you have to reimburse her.

Tyler: I know.

Zara: What's the plan then?

Tyler: There isn't one. We just have to play it safe. If we're out to eat, enter the restaurant through the back. Shopping, shut down the stores. If we're just outside in general, don't pay anyone no mind. That's all we can do. They're gonna be on our trail regardless because of who I am.