Chapter Ten

Jungkook hums quietly to himself as he sets a pan on the stove, turning it on afterwards.

He continues humming happily as he ties his apron around himself.

"L...is for the way you look, at me," He quietly sings. "O...is for the only one I see..."
He stands in front of the stove, suddenly hearing a sound near the door, so he smiles. "Jimin," He says softly as he turns around.
But immediately after turning around, his smile falls and his eyes slightly widen. "O-Oh, Mrs. Park-"

She crosses her arms and stares at him with a bit of an angry expression. "Jimin....? Now why would you be saying that name at all?"

Jungkook blinks while rubbing the back of his neck nervously. 'Oh, shit.' "Well...that's his name..."
'Nice answer, idiot.'

She tongues the inside of her cheek as she squints a little. "Hm," She scoffs. "Don't forget your way of calling him if you ever HAVE to, is sir Jimin. But like I've said once, you never have any need to speak to us. Especially, Jimin. Do you actually, understand that Mr. Jeon?"

Jungkook sighs quietly, feeling himself grow agitated now. 'If only you knew, woman.'
"I understand very well, Mrs. Park. My apologi-"

"I don't need to hear any of that rambling, young man," She says bluntly as she fixes her suit jacket. "I came in here to show you a specific dinner I need made tonight." She sets a fancy paper down on the counter. "Jimin's fiancé, Jinyoung will be having dinner with us. This is his favorite. If you make this incredibly well, I think I'll have you cook it as the main dish for their wedding."

Jungkook's eyebrows rise as he grabs the paper, looking down at it, then at Mrs. Park.

"Seriously?"

Mrs. Park narrows her eyebrows, "I beg your pardon?"

"Sorry! I meant, o-of course...it's just, it's a big deal. I just don't want to mess up."

She sighs, "Right. I have big expectations. Don't fail." She now turns around. "And don't forget my damn rules. There is no need, to speak to Jimin." She then leaves, causing Jungkook to sigh heavily.

'Cook for my Jimin's wedding?
With another man?'
"Fuck that," He mumbles, pushing the paper away.
He shakes his head as he chews on his bottom lip.

'I need to get out of here...
And with, Jimin..'

Jungkook looks up and sees Jimin quietly walking into the kitchen.

"Oh, there you are," Jungkook says, setting the knife down. "I didn't see you earlier."

Jimin sighs as he approaches Jungkook, blushing as he gets lifted onto the counter.
"I know...my m-mom has been quite, feisty, today...she keeps bringing up Jinyoung...Jinyoung this, Jinyoung that..it took her longer to leave to work because she kept telling me about the engagement party coming up..."

Jungkook sighs, standing in between Jimin's legs, "Yeah, she...she likes to be in charge of everything. She likes when only her say in something counts. No one else's." Jimin nods with a frown. "Hey," Jungkook says, lifting his chin up. "We're gonna figure this out...you marrying him, will never happen...not if I'm here, at least..."

Jimin nods, blushing. "Think we should just move away already?"

"Absolutely. Where would you like for me to take you?"

Jimin smiles. "To your fancy restaurant, and my book store?"

Jungkook happily bites his bottom lip as he remembers. "Speaking of fancy restaurant, I-"