Chapter Fourteen

ONE WEEK LATER

I stirred in my bed, my eyes fluttering open to the soft morning light filtering through the curtains. As I tried to push myself up, a wave of nausea hit me. I groaned and collapsed back onto my pillow, my hand instinctively moving to my stomach, which stirred uncomfortably.

I dragged myself out of bed, hastily dressed, and made my way through the streets of the village. There is one doctor I know, and that's Grandma Momo, so maybe she will know what's wrong with me.

I knocked gently on the door and waited anxiously until Grandma Momo appeared, her warm smile easing some of my tension.

"Y/N, what brings you here so early?" Momo asked. I swallowed hard, struggling to find the words. "I... I don't feel well. Something's wrong."

Concern flickered in her eyes as she ushered me inside, seating me at her cluttered table. "Tell me what's been troubling you, dear."

Taking a deep breath, I told about my symptoms that had happened to me in recent days: the nausea, the fatigue, and the strange cravings. Grandma Momo brow furrowed.

After a moment of silence, she placed a hand on mine. "Y/N, I believe I know what's happening to you." My heart pounded in my chest as I waited for her next words. With a gentle smile, she said, "You're pregnant, Y/N." I sat there, stunned into silence.

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips, breaking through the disbelief. "Pregnant," I said softly, tears of joy welling up in my eyes. "I'm... going to be a mother."

A sudden crash made both of us flinch. I looked up at the door and saw Himari, her mouth wide open. "You're... you're pregnant?!" Himari exclaimed. Himari's eyes widened with disbelief.

"Yes, Himari," I nodded. Himari's eyes widened even further, her hand flying to her mouth in shock. "Oh my goodness, that's incredible! Congratulations!" she exclaimed, rushing towards me and enveloping me in a tight hug. "I can't believe it!"

● ● ●

When I arrived at the castle, I went to the throne room and saw Sukuna sitting on his throne made of bones. "Sukuna, I have—" Suddenly, I appeared on Sukuna's lap, his arm wrapping around my waist.

"Where have you been?" he asked, his crimson eyes piercing into mine. "I was with Grandma Momo and Himari," I replied. He hummed in response, and he gently brushed a strand of hair from my face. "I've missed you," he murmured, his voice a low rumble that sent shivers down my spine.

He leans closer, until his lips brush against mine. His grip around my waist tightened, and then he smashed his lips onto mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

I drew back, trying to catch my breath. "Love," he murmured, gently caressing my cheek, "will you marry me?" With a trembling voice, I whispered, "Yes, Sukuna. I will marry you."

Sukuna reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring with a bright red diamond. He slid the ring onto my finger, then tenderly placed a kiss on the back of my hand.

 He slid the ring onto my finger, then tenderly placed a kiss on the back of my hand

● ● ●

"Did you tell Sukuna you're pregnant?" Himari asked, a smile beaming on her face.

"About that... Well, uh, no, I haven't told Sukuna yet because... he proposed," I said, holding out my hand to reveal the ring. Himari's jaw dropped. "He proposed?!" I nodded. Himari leaned in closer, her eyes sparkling as she examined the ring.

"But what about the baby? When are you going to tell him?" I glanced down at my stomach, feeling guilt at the thought of keeping this important news from Sukuna. "I wanted to wait for the right moment, but with the proposal... I'm not sure how to bring it up now."

● ● ●

"Did you tell Sukuna you're pregnant?" Himari asked, a smile beaming on her face.

"About that... Well, uh, no, I haven't told Sukuna yet because... he proposed," I said, holding out my hand to reveal the ring. Himari's jaw dropped. "He proposed?!" I nodded. Himari leaned in closer, her eyes sparkling as she examined the ring.

"But what about the baby? When are you going to tell him?" I glanced down at my stomach, feeling guilt at the thought of keeping this important news from Sukuna. "I wanted to wait for the right moment, but with the proposal... I'm not sure how to bring it up now."

● ● ●

I lay in bed, gazing out of the window and staring at the moon. I hear door creaked open. Sukuna entered the room, removing the top of his kimono before joining me in bed. His arms wrapped around my waist, and a mix of excitement and nervousness swirled inside me.

As Sukuna settled beside me, I turned to him, my heart pounding. "Sukuna, I have to tell you something," my voice trembled, my fingers fidgeting with the fabric of my nightgown. With a trembling voice, I whispered, "I'm pregnant."

"