Chapter Seven

HIMARI POV

Ryomen Sukuna... he sounds familiar. I feel like I've heard of him in my class at the Jujutsu School. Who should I ask? My teacher, a jujutsu sorcerer, or maybe... grandma!

"Good morning, grandma. Have you seen Y/N anywhere?" I asked, eating my pancakes. "No, dear. Y/N is probably in a meeting," she replied.

"Grandma," I said, placing my fork and knife down, "I have a question."

"What is it?" she said, setting the knife down and turning to face me. "Can you tell me more about Ryomen Sukuna?" My grandma's smile faded as she heard the name.

"Ryomen Sukuna," she muttered, her expression shifting.

"Ryomen Sukuna is a cursed spirit with immense power. He was once human, but he became the King of Curses. Back in the Golden Age of Jujutsu, the Heian Era, Ryomen Sukuna was feared by everyone in his time. He was the most powerful sorcerer, defeating and killing thousands of jujutsu sorcerers."

In the Jujutsu School, they talked about how this village was the home of Ryomen Sukuna. When sorcerers destroyed the village, people rebuilt it. In this village, people worshipped Sukuna. The villagers built a small castle and a shrine dedicated to Ryomen Sukuna.

"Why do you want to know more about him?"

"No reason," I lied, "I'm just interested in learning more."

● ● ●

Y/N POV

"How was the meeting?" Himari asked. "Tiring," I replied with a yawn, taking a sip of my coffee, hoping it would wake me up.

"Enough about me," I said, shifting on the bench and looking at her. "So, Himari, you've been watching that boy for ten minutes straight. Do you have a crush on him?"

"What? No! He's just a boy from my class. Nothing special," Himari said, her cheeks heating up. I stared at her in disbelief. "Okay, maybe I like him, so what?" Himari's cheeks flushed red.

"Maybe it's the fact that you look like a creep."

"Honestly, he's not even all that," Himari continued. "He's just... I don't know, kind of cute, I guess." I couldn't help but chuckle at her attempts to brush off her feelings. "Sure, sure, just a "kind of cute" boy you've been looking at for ten minutes straight," I teased. Himari rolled her eyes, her cheeks flushing red from embarrassment. "Okay, fine, maybe I have a crush on him," she admitted.

"Why don't you go talk to him?" I asked, raising a brow. "Are you crazy? He probably hates me, or worse, he doesn't even know who I am."

"When I met Sukuna, he hated me, but that didn't stop me. I continually returned, only to be met with his irritating glare each time," I said, making Himari laugh.

"I'm not good at giving relationship advice, but give it a shot. Try talking to him."

"Fine," Himari said, rolling her eyes.