Chapter Sixteen

FIFTEEN WEEKS LATER

I'm finally in my third trimester—thirty weeks.

As I strolled through the castle halls, I made my way to the kitchen for a quick snack.

Rei trailed quietly behind, keeping a close eye on me with every step. Sukuna had stepped out to take care of something but assured me he'd be back soon.

"Hey, Rei—" I turned around, only to find Rei lying on the ground, surrounded by a pool of blood.

A sorcerer stood before me, gripping a katana, his gaze piercing mine. Before I could react, he swiftly struck me, knocking me unconscious.

● ● ●

My head is spinning like crazy, and I can feel blood falling down my face. As I look up, my vision blurs, but slowly clears, revealing the man seated before me. "Oh, good. You're not dead. You must be Y/N, the Queen of Curses," he said, shifting in the chair. "So, the rumors are true. You're bearing the King of Curses child." He stands up, goes behind me, and unties my hand.

I forced myself to stand, ignoring the pain that shot through my body. "Who are you?" I demanded. The sorcerer's lips curled into a malevolent smile. "Names are irrelevant," he replied. "What matters is that your day ends here, along with the cursed bloodline you carry. So, I'm going to give you ten seconds to run."

This guy is crazy!

"Ten," he started.

I started moving.

"Nine. Eight. Seven. Six."

I remembered that Sukuna gave me a katana that was infused with his cursed energy, so I went to the room.

"Five. Four. Three. Two," his voice echoed through the halls.

I pulled out the katana.

"One. Ready or not, here I come," his laughter echoed.

I hide myself, gripping the katana tightly, awaiting his approach.

When the door slowly opened, my eyes instinctively closed, and my body reacted, swiftly swinging in its direction. As I reopened my eyes, my heart sank at the sight of Sukuna holding the katana between his hands.

His kimono, face, and hands were stained with blood. "Sukuna, you're home," I said, dropping the katana. "I'm sorry, I thought you were—"

"Are you hurt?" he asked, examining my body. "No," I replied, standing there, staring at him, feeling tears welling up in my eyes.

I rushed into Sukuna's arms.

● ● ●

Sukuna killed him, and it wasn't pretty. As I walked to the bathroom, I saw that the kitchen was covered in blood. Despite the gruesome sight, I chose to ignore it and decided to take a bath to try to push past the overwhelming feelings.

As I rested in the water, I could feel the tension melting away. I heard the door creak open, and I took a peek to see Sukuna entering. My eyes gazed at his body, slowly going down, stopping at the towel wrapped around his hips. My cheeks flushed, and I quickly averted my gaze from him.

The water rippled slightly as Sukuna slid into the bath behind me. I stole a glance at him from the corner of my eye, heart pounding in my chest as our eyes briefly met before I hastily looked away, cheeks burning with embarrassment.

I closed my eyes, trying to steady my racing heart and calm the butterflies that fluttered in my stomach.

Sukuna's deep voice cut through the silence, sending shivers down my spine. "You know," he began, his tone low and husky, "you're even more beautiful when you blush."

Sukuna reached out, his hand wrapping around my wrist, pulling me close to him. "Sukuna," I mumbled. "Yes, love?"

"Would you do anything for me?"

"Yes," he said. "I'll even burn the world for you."

I didn't know what I wanted, but at that moment, I just wanted him. "Hold me." Two of his arms wrapped around my waist. "What else do you want?" a smirk curled on his lips. "Kiss me." Without hesitation, Sukuna smashed his lips against mine.

My arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer. His hands, strong and possessive, roamed my curves. His lips caressed my neck, exploring and tasting every inch of me. His third arm cupped my breast, pinching my nipples between his fingers.

I pull away, catching my breath, my heart pounding against my ribcage as I feel his warm breath against my lips. "Again," I whisper. Sukuna doesn't hesitate. His lips crash onto mine. His hands, strong yet gentle, cup my face as he deepens the kiss, each movement sending sparks of electricity coursing through my body.

 His hands, strong yet gentle, cup my face as he deepens the kiss, each movement sending sparks of electricity coursing through my body