Chapter Twenty Nine

It's still dark outside when I blink open my eyes. Immediately I feel the weight of Thomas's arm around my middle, smiling to myself I attempt to sink back into slumber, but I can't keep my eyes closed for more than two seconds. Carefully moving out from under Thomas's arm I quietly walk to the bathroom attached to his room.

Closing the door behind me I flick on the light and look in the mirror, my hair is a tangled mess and my eyes have bags under them, I guess that's what happens when you have an anxiety filled day and wake up at...I glance at the clock, 4:57 am.

I wince at how loud the toilet is when it flushes. I listen for a minute and hear no sounds of Thomas moving around.

Opening back up the door I move to turn off the light switch when I see a figure standing in the middle of the room.

"Oh shit!" I shout, stumbling back, using the doorframe to catch myself.

I snap my head back up and see the figure moving into the light.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." Thomas reaches out to me and puts his hand on my arm.

I laugh at my own reaction and put my hand over my pounding heart. "What are you even doing Tommy?"

"You got up, I just wanted to make sure you were okay," he says, searching my face with his eyes.

"I'm fine, just can't sleep is all." Thomas takes my hand and nods.

"I'll stay up with you."

"No Tommy you don't have to do that." I shake my head. "I'm fine."

"I want to though. And what if I can't sleep either?" A goofy smile forms on his lips and he winks at me, causing me to laugh.

"You're such a dork you know," I tease him, smiling.

"I know." He smirks but ends up laughing. "Hey Newt," he says then.

"What?" I ask.

"That was the first time I've heard you swear." He giggles. My cheeks turn rosy.

"Well you scared me!" I laugh, hitting his arm playfully.

"I'm sorry Newt." He smiles sympathetically before leaning in to kiss me gently.

Thomas takes my hand again and we walk over to his bed. He clicks on the lamp that sits on a small table beside his bed.

"So if we're not going to sleep how about we..." Thomas trails off, smiling widely he stands from the bed and walks over to his bag on the floor.

Furrowing my eyebrows I smile at him, confused. Thomas grabs something from his bag that I can't see, he sits back on the bed and hands me a wrapped present.

"It's officially Christmas Eve." Thomas smiles at me.

"You want to open gifts?" I ask, taking the package from his hands.

"Yeah why not, I've been waiting to give this to you anyways," Thomas's tone is full of excitement, making me smile.

"Hang on, I'll get your present." I stand from the bed and rummage around my bag until I find his neatly wrapped gift.

Sitting back down next to him I set the gift down next to me. "Open yours first," Thomas says with a smile, obviously excited to see my reaction to his gift which is extremely adorable and heart warming.

Blushing I take the present and start to unwrap it. It's tall and thin for the most part, but in the center there's another thin, smaller rectangle which has to be two separate items.