¹⁸°

Hyunjin and Minho were in the living room gossiping about things when they saw Mrs. Lee coming down stairs with a slightly grim look on her face alerting the two boys .

Mrs L: um Minho stay here ok I need to speak with Hyunjin.

Lk: is everything alright? Why am I being left out?

Mrs L: you're not being left out . I promise I need to speak with Hyunjin about this first but we will tell you today itself ok ?

Lk: ok..

With that Mrs. Lee pulled Hyunjin with her to her and Mr. Lee's room where Hyunjin saw that Felix and Chan were also waiting.

Hj: um what is this about ?

Chn: we don't know either only mom and dad knows.

Fel: and they refused to tell us until you were also here .

The three younger boys then turned their attention back to the parents silently asking them to finally spill what's happening.

Mom: um so we were waiting one of you boys gets mated and your mates welcome ceremony to happen before speaking about this. And since Hyunjin is here now we wanted to finally tell you.

Chn: what is it mom ? You're scaring us with that tone.

Dad: it's kind of a serious matter.

Fel: just say it please

Mom: remember that trip we went on for a business conference with a different pack .

Chn: ya ?

Dad: a small incident  kind of happened there.

Hj: what happened are you both ok ?

Mom: I'm fine but he isn't. You see the beta of the other pack wanted to take over the pack and he thought this conference was a good opportunity to start his plans.

Fel: how does that effect dad's health or safety?

Dad: the beta had planned to mix a genetically modified poison into the alpha and Luna's food to try and kill them .

Mom: but due to some unfortunate events , well unfortunate for us , the plates got mixed up and your dad received the poisoned food that was supposedly for the alpha.

Dad:  the other luna  was pregnant so she reacted faster than I did and my wolf was stronger than most so it didn't immediately kill me. But the luna's unborn baby absorbed the poison from its mom's body. And thus she had a miscarriage but her life was spared.

Mom: since your dad was a true blood like Chris his body was able to filter out most of the poison but not completely the physician told us there is no anti dot and that slowly day by day the poison will be consuming his life .

All the three stood shocked at the words that left the lady's mouth. They couldn't believe how the parents could hide something so huge from them.

Chn: what the fuck ? Mom!! Dad!! It's been a month or more since that day. Why didn't you guys tell anything? You guys should have told us sooner.

The older couple looked down not wanting to face their kids. They knew they should have told the kids sooner but they couldn't bring themselves to do that.

Dad: we are sorry son. We just wanted to make sure atleast one of you have your partner by your side before telling you guys?

Hj: forgive me if I sound rude but why ? What does having a partner have to do with this ?

Dad: um If it was Felix who got mated first then I was going to step down from Alpha leader position . But since its chan and he isn't legally allowed to take over unless Felix is physically unable to due to the elders. I am going to step down from the active rule and chan will take care of the administration in my name .

Chn: dad but ?

Mom: chan. Please for your dad.

Chn: ok but only until Felix marks his mate.

Fel: chan I'm sorry for putting you in this situation.

Dad: Felix it's not your fault. It's neither of your faults.

Hj: um how about a group hug ?

Dad: that'll be great

So one by one they all hugged the older alpha and formed a group hug. They all shared a tight hug before seperating and looked at each other. One thought in all their minds . How were they going to tell Minho.

_______________________________

A/n: Sorry for the delay in the chapter publishing. I didn't have network connection for few days and when I got it back this and another one of my stories had gotten pretty messed up for some reason.