²⁴°

As soon as the news of  their dad's death left Chan's lips Minho hit the floor as he fainted from shock. While Felix just froze and Hyunjin went to hug Chan so tight that chan was having trouble breathing but chan didn't noticed how his mate was cutting out his air supply as his worry was towards his brothers. Once Hyunjin unwrapped his arms from around his alpha Chan picked up Minho from the floor and layed him down on the by stander's bed.

Fel: So he is really gone...

Hyunjin could see Felix's eyes turning red as he tried his best holding back his tears. While Chan was just looking around soullessly as he sat near his youngest brother.

Hj: lixie come here.

Hyunjin opened his arms wide inviting the young alpha in for a hug . An invitation that Felix took no time accepting as he buried his head in the omega's neck .

Fel: Hyung....

Hyunjin didn't mention the sudden use of honorific. Among the two 17 year old Hyunjin was older but since it was just by a few months the two didn't pay any mind to that little fact. But now Felix was calling him hyung. Hyunjin just assumed it to be because Felix wanting someone to depend on at the moment someone older or more mature but he didn't want to bother his Chan hyung. So Hyunjin just tightened his hold around the young alpha as Felix finally broke down into tears which successfully broke Chan out of the trance like state he was in and seeing his mate taking care of his younger brother chan thanked hyunjin in the mind link . Not trusting himself to speak without bursting into tears.

After few minutes Felix's tears slowly stopped and he lifted his head out of Hyunjin shoulders.

Fel: Jin hyung ...

Felix's voice was barely a whisper so only Hyunjin heard it though chan could have caught if he was paying attention thanks to alpha hearing. But his mind was too foggy to hear it.

Hj: ya ?

Fel: take chan hyung out of here help him cry or let out some kind of reaction. I'm sure you have also noticed that he is suppressing everything forcing himself to be fine. But that's unhealthy and I feel like only you can get him to open up and express.

Hj: but what about the formalities and all. The hospital staff might start coming in here for next formalities. Wouldn't you prefer having someone here.

Fel: it's fine. After letting out the tears and you comforting me. I'm fine enough to deal with the staff and doctors who may come here the further formalities.

Hj: are you sure lixie.

Fel: I'm sure hyung. Just take care of Chan hyung. It hurts to see him like this.

Hj: ok..... Chan hyung....

Chan jolted as he was pulled out of his thoughts by his mates call.

Chn: ya ?

Hj: can you come out side with me. I kind of need you. And I feel suffocated with the news I need to breath .

Hyunjin knew the only way to get chan to agree was to make it so that it seemed like chan was helping his mate handle his emotions.

The two walked out and towards the little garden behind the hospital which was pretty much fully empty thanks to it being early morning.

Hj: Baby...

Chn: ya ?

Hj: stop hiding. I'm your mate.

Chn: what are you talking about.

Hyunjin pulled chan into a hug and pushed his alpha's head so that it rested right on top of his scent gland.

Hj: don't pretend to be fine. Don't hold back. It's just us. It's fine to let it go baby. You can be weak . It's only me here. Just your mate. It's ok if you cry. You are allowed to be upset . You are allowed to cry and your allowed to be weak. It's just me your omega. Just let it out alpha I'll be here to catch you if you fall and to hold you tight as your strength goes weak .

At Hyunjin's reassurance and permission tears started to make their way down Chan's face one by one before he was balling his eyes out much worse than Felix had been. He cried until his voice got scratchy and his eyes had no more tears to shed.

Chn: Thank you.

Hj: dont thank me . You deserve to be able to be weak and let your emotions surface . You are such a kind and generous person always putting your loved ones before you. But with me you don't have to do that. We are equals in this race of life and we can depend on each other ok ?

Chn: Ok.