Private Lesson

"I know Sof you've been talking about her for over 30mn now" Angela sighed, getting deja vu.

"But WHY do I have to be her staff ? I am NOT one of the strongest soldier"

Angela bursted out laughing.

"Girl, you're so dramatic. You can bag her anytime any day, have you seen yourself ?"

"But she's like so tall, and the ARMS don't get me started on the arms" Sofia was done listening to any reasonable arguments, replaying on loop her interactions of the day prior with Paige.

"Look, you've got a front-row seat to your biggest crush in ages. Enjoy the view," Angela teased, trying to lighten the mood.

"But precisely! I'm with her all day and I can't do shit about it except be fucking professional and not drool over my coworkers."

"Who said anything about not dating colleagues? Live a little" Angela suggested with a shrug.

The mention of dating brought Sofia's thoughts to a screeching halt. "I'm being delusional. Paige could have anyone she wants. Why would she even look twice at me?". With a newfound determination, she headed to her office, leaving Angela dumbfounded on the couch, wondering how her roommate would survive the season.

As Sofia stepped onto the court, she made a conscious effort not to stare at Paige. But her resolve quickly crumbled when she saw Paige tying her hair back. Good lord she was being tested every day lately. Joining Lynn to prepare the preseason schedule, Sofia tried to focus on the task at hand.

"I don't want to catch anyone in my office," Sofia announced, her tone firm.

"Even me?" Aubrey chimed in, still on crutches.

"I'll make an exception for you," Sofia replied with a smile, causing Aubrey to grin.

"And here I thought I was the favorite".

"Nah I'm just scared to be on your bad side" Sofia answered stucking her tongue out to Paige.

Paige just raised an eyebrow at her and god this shouldn't be this hot Sof thought before correcting herself. Nope, we're totally fleeing this situation. She quickly disappeared in the corridor, followed by Aubrey who did have a rehab session booked.

"Alright ladies get in line" Geno's voice got everyone focused again on the game, and Sofia quickly vanished from Paige's thoughts. Or almost. As the training came to an end, Paige came to Nika who was stretching her ankle longer than usual on the sides.

"You good?" Paige asked, concern etched into her features.

Nika shrugged, a hint of uncertainty in her voice. "Not sure. Felt a bit of a tug when I was guarding for the last rep."

"You should ice it or something, no?" Paige frowned, immediately sensing her friend's discomfort.

"Probably yeah"

"Want me to get it for you?" Paige offered, knowing Nika's tendency to downplay injuries.

"I know you want to find a reason to see Sof but I'll go actually, maybe she should check it out"

"You're insufferable this is not about Sof. But yeah go make sure you're good" Paige rolled her eyes, unable to suppress a smile.

"Alright mom" and with that Nika head to Sof's office.

A good scolding later, with enough anti-inflammatory gel to stun an elephant, some tape and another wonderful massage later, Nika left Sof feeling much better and reassured about her ankle. Nothing to worry about, just a normal reaction to returning to training and the need to watch out for tendonitis or something. However, as she was about to text Paige the news, knowing that she genuinely cared and was concerned for her, she was surprised to find her still on the court shooting long range shots.