-1-

a/n - this has zero proof reads, i physically can not be arsed to re read everything, halfway through i also switch up from using capitals to lowercase.

December 29th 2023

I had stayed awake editing a video to be posted later that day, being posted at around 5pm and it was now quarter past 1 in the morning. I kept going for another couple of hours before i could feel my eyelids getting heavy, getting up and sitting my laptop on my desk on charge. My phone had vibrated, i lifted it up and checked what the notification was.

It was from Talia, my best friend. I had accidently ran into her walking into coffee shop and knocking her drink out of her hands. I offered to buy her another one, and after asking non stop she gave in. She gave me her number and weve practically been inseprible since.

Talia <3

T - Hey babe, it's still a couple days away but how would you feel about coming to a new years party?
M - give me some time to think about it but probably
T - Of course, just let me know, people will be drinking but you can stay round if youd like too
M - whos going?
T - The girls and the lads with a couple of their friends, youll meet them eventually though.
M - i know, i just dont think theyd like me though
T - Your lovely, if anything theyll love you
M - your too kind to me, anyway im going to bed as i'm so tired
T - Alright, let me know soon about new years as ill make sure to get some drinks in for you

I check the time before locking it and putting it on charge, 3:56am. I regretted staying up so late but i had work to do, i turn onto my side and begin to shut my eyes.

That didnt even last a minute before my eyes had jolted open after hearing the most high pitch scream. It must have been the neighbour again, He does this every so often. I groan and put the pillow over my head so that i can try and atleast get some sleep but it happens again.

At this point im fuming, im never usually awake this late and if i am its because ive been editing a video or ive been out with Talia. I grab my glasses as id taken my contacts out at this point and grabbed a pair of shoes, sliding them on and making my way outside my apartment.

I knock softly but loud enough for whoever to hear to open the door. It had taken me two seperate long knocks in order for him to open the door.

"What?" he said with a raspy voice

"Im trying to sleep, do you mind?" I say back to him, glaring at him at the same time.

"I do mind" he says.

Its early during the morning and i just want to sleep, "Youve been at this for ages now, just what ever the fuck your doing, stop." I say harshly. He doesn't say anything but i head towards my apartment again, opening it and seeing him look back towards me.

I get back into bed, the walls are suprisingly thin even though its an expensive flat in central london. I hear him saying that he was going to come of, so atleast he had listened.

My alarm had gone of, i roll over and turn it off. I had managed to sleep for just under 7 hours. I pick up my phone and glasses, shortly after facetiming Talia, a high chance that she would already be wake by now.

She picks up after 5 rings.

"Taliaaaa" I say in a whiny voice.
"Mollyyy" She says back, shortly responding back with "How long have you been awake for?" She asks clearly noticing i was still in bed.
I respond saying "About 5 minutes, i was editing a video late last night and whilst i was trying to get to sleep the arsehole of a neigbour was screaming so i didnt get to bed that early"
She looks at me with a frowny face "I want to know more, meet me at lunch and we could go shopping?" She says, pouting shortly after so it would increase the chances of me saying yes.
"Fine, Im coming to the new years party anyway so ill get a dress for that" I say, giggling at the face she pulled as soon as I said that i would be going.
"I would have dragged you to it if you had said no. But okay, ill pick you up at 12" she said
I managed to laugh again, even though i felt too tired to, "Okay thats fine, ill get sorted just let me know when your outside and ill come down." I say, waving before we both said bye.