Chapter Sixteen

The Ultra Zech Flew in a flash to The Squad leader's location, giant sword already equipped, slashing his minigun in half. "Holy shit dude!" He said, backing away from the robot. It was slightly taller than the man. "Don't give him even a second to breathe!" Clyde said taking the lead now. They listened to him being surrounded by the whole squad. They seemed to be cautious of it now that they saw it cut their leader's weapon like butter. The Ultra Zech charged at the leader with a flurry of attacks. He tried blocking with the remains of his gun, only for it to break into more pieces, and force him back. "That's an insane piece of metal." He chuckles. "But it's too slow." The other squad members lunge on the Zech Each holding down either an arm or a leg. He punches the center of it, causing it to dent slightly. 

Clyde wasn't sure what to do, he was right there, and they could no longer move. The smaller squad mate Stuck a device on the Zech none of the Scouts saw him do so. The girl squad member grinned, locked onto the arm, aiming to pry open the cockpit and pull the defenseless Blue Scout out. Clyde activated the thrusters, lifting them, and themselves, into the air. It knocked two of them away, the others managed to hold on to the Zechs shoulder, and leg respectively. In the air, It could move much faster, at least to travel, combat not so much. The two remaining Squad-mates had no choice but to let go, but not before causing minor damage to it. They fall on their backs, passing out, and returning to normal size. "Alright, we know when we've been beaten." The Leader would say before they all teleport away.

All of them breathed a huge sigh of relief. "That was rough," Cassandra said. "I'm so glad that is over." Ember remarks. "I guess those guys are all talk, huh, Clyde." Raleigh Joked. Something made Clyde feel uneasy. That wasn't an easy fight, and they did gain the upper hand, but their advantage wasn't all that wide compared to them. It seemed to him they fled too abruptly. All they could do now is return to base.

They all docked, and little robots started to repair any damage made to the Zechs right away. Blue looked at Clyde a little conflicted. "Well, you were right, we couldn't have won that fight the way we normally do." That was a fact none of them seemed to be happy about. "Unfortunately yes. We are going to have to prepare better. Maybe even make some more Zechs." Adrian, and Maya look at each other, and then at Clyde. "We have been working on one thing," Adrian said. "We modified your vessel to be able to transform into its own Ultra Zech," Maya explained. "You did what to the hopper?" Raleigh angrily shouted, very protective of the ship she crashes on a regular basis. Maya panicked about to explain more, however, the more Raleigh thinks about it, the more she realizes what it means. "Wait that's awesome. She grabs her hand, running off to inspect it.

Clyde continues his conversation with the others. "Is there a way to speed up transformation times on the power suits?" Adrian appeared to be in deep thought. "Well, I've never really thought about it, but I suppose it can be done." he would say. "Let's do that then. Also, I think we should practice fighting in sync instead of posing." Clyde said, only for them all to shake their heads. "Posing is a part of our very being, part of this world," Azure said to him. Clyde sighs, "I get it, but let me ask you this. Is your pride worth risking each other's lives on a villain that doesn't give you that respect?" Azure didn't seem to have the words. Clyde kept going, "I've idolized you guys for a long time. I thought you were all amazing, but not because of your posing, but because you helped people, you were true heroes. And maybe we can still make that work, but." Adrian spoke up. "I think I get it, Clyde. Maybe... we forgot what was truly important to us. Alright, show us the way then." He looked at him smiling, reaching out his hand. Clyde shook it, and they got to work.

They used their time more valuable now. The transformation time was cut down to a fraction of a second, and now they were sparing together. Adrian and the others did have a lot to teach him about hand-to-hand combat, as well as with a weapon. Of course, time was short, and he couldn't get completely on the same level as them. This is what he expected when he got here, he felt somewhat competent with his fighting ability now, even without a power suit. Raleigh was off trying her new toy, he wanted to impress her next time they met. It had been a few days now, it was a wonder when the next attack would be.