Chapter 3

*Dinah's POV*
Once Kalin and I arrived at my favorite break spot, a little place that barely anyone goes to, he got out and helped me out. "What did Camila want?" He asked me. I forgot he had been listening. "Oh Mani, and I..." I began to think about what to say for a minute. "We were fighting and I kind of stormed out, and they were apologizing. No big deal." I laughed. Kalin smiled and held the door for me as I walked in. "So did you like accept the apology or" he asked, obviously wanting more details than I gave. "I just said it was whatever, I don't even care anymore." We sat down across from each other at a booth in the corner and waited for the waitress to take our order.

"Dinah, have you ever taken into consideration how beautiful you are? Not even just on the outside. Your soul, your heart, your mind... It's so...breath taking. I don't understand how someone can be so captivating yet so innocently cute at the same time." He smirked to himself. I blushed, even though I wanted to hide that, he still saw it. "Well no Kalin, and nobody else has really done that for me either. It's always been about them or anything that can avoid the subject of talking about me. I just learned to accept that people don't always want to talk to about me."

I looked down at the table and thought to myself. Moments later, the waitress came over and took our drink and food order. As she walked away, Kalin stared at her longer than I would have wanted him to. Damn it damn it. Damn. It. Distraction um um "hey Kalin do you like to party?" What did I just say... "Oh hey yeah I do, why? What'd you have in mind?" His attention was fully on me now. "Well my rich uncle said I could borrow his house for spring break while he's over in Italy for the month..long story..

But I'm thinking of throwing a party there. It'd be so cool if you can get Jake to come and DJ too!" I smiled. "Hey I think I can make that work. Casual or?" "It's totally casual, of course it's more of a flashy home parsee so I mean.." I laughed nervously because I don't actually know if I'm allowed to use his house for a party.

Oh well. "Dinah? Is that you?" I froze when I heard a familiar voice coming from behind my head. I stared at Kalin who was eyeing up the figure behind me. He stood up. "What do you want you creep?" "I came to see if the girl wanted to hang out with me, I heard about the argument she was in and wanted to make sure s-" "She's fine. Leave." Kalin sat back down as the man made his way over and sat next to us. "Uh hey Justin.." I was confused as to why he was here. But suddenly all my attention was focused on his black eye. "What happened to your eye dude?"

"He was bitch punched because he's a bi-" "Kalin would you stop it for a minute!?" I snapped at him and he simply ignored me and pulled out his phone. "I was caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm good D, don't worry." Justin threw his arms around me and hugged me tightly. He was glaring over his shoulder at Kalin who had been ignoring us for the past few minutes now.

"Well I better get going, I don't want to ruin your date for you." Justin smirked as he pulled away from our hug. He stood up, "I'll see you around babe," he said, planting a kiss on my cheek before walking away. "So you're into him eh?" Kalin said, still looking at his phone. "No he's one of my friends.. Why does he hate you so much- better yet why do you hate him so much?" I asked, taking him phone and putting it down. The waitress has brought out our food earlier but I think seeing Kalin's true colors show made me lose my appetite.

"Listen Dinah... I've liked you for a while. So has that little fuck. Do you really think I'm gonna be buddy-buddy with my competition?" He looked at me, most serious face I've seen from him. "Kalin there's no competition, he's my friend. He knows that. Besides, if I was actually into him, I would've called him to pick me up, not you." I worked up the nerve to grab his hand from across the table and finally did it. "There's no competition. It's you, only you."

I looked at him for a minute or two before he said anything. I couldn't decide between a comforting silence and an awkward silence. "Dinah, I hope you realize when I told you about Lauren and I, I didn't want you to think I still love her. Because I don't. I'm far from over her. She's the past. My present, my future.. I see it lying with you,"