Chapter 11

*Dinah's POV*
This upcoming school week was seeming to fly by so quickly. Today's Wednesday and only two more days until I get to crash and burn into my bed for the weekend. Things are a lot different now. Kalin and I don't even look in the same direction- well, we try not to, Ally and Lauren aren't hiding anything from anyone, Troy hasn't shown up all week, Camila is a lot less talkative... Normani seems to be sane but every time she sees me she acts as if she hadn't known me all her life. I feel like this is all some sort of dream. Nobody is acting the same.

"Okay class, I graded your projects over the break, which is what I spent most of my time doing... So get with your groups and I'll hand them back." Mr. Wallace said. I sat next to Lauren and behind Ally. Great... They have to set rules in place about Troy now. Luckily he hasn't shown up this week. Ally turned around and looked directly at Lauren, who had already been smiling at her. They got caught in a staring contest before Normani clapped loudly and told Ally to move. "Girl I ain't got all day, that's what you have after school for!" Normani plopped down into Ally's seat and smiled cheekily at Lauren, who seemed to just glare. Camila made her way over and sat down next to me. So now it was Normani on one side and Lauren, Camila and I on another...

"Lauren why don't you move over there and sit with Normani?" I asked. She laughed. "This is my seat, and anyways if I get any closer I might have to smack her for what she did to Ally." She turned around to see Ally, totally unamused by her group of Troy's friends. Once she saw Lauren watching she half-smiled and went back to ignoring her group. Lauren turned around and sighed constantly. I looked at her before turning to the other two. "Well I'll move over th-" "NO!" Normani and Camila called out at the same time. I looked at them just as confused as they looked at each other. Lauren silently got up and made her way around the long table, sitting by Normani. Sighs of relief filled the group.

Still confused, I decided to let it go. Mr. Wallace placed our project face down on our table. We all looked at one another before Normani turned it around. Gulping hard, Camila was fidgety to see it. Lauren and Normani were at a loss for words. I wasn't really paying attention, I caught sight of him again... Kalin. Laughing, high-fiving his group. Smiling. Being all happy. Maybe he didn't really even need me anymore. I was just a void filler I guess. I turned back around as soon as he saw me and stopped smiling. I swallowed hard. The last thing I wanted was for him to hate me... I mean, I'm completely and undeniably in love with him. Everything about him. I just, I didn't know how to handle the Lauren drama. She's happy now, not with him.. So, that means I can forgive Kalin and go after him again?

"Dinah... Earth to Dinah!!" Lauren said, waving a hand in front of my face. I snapped out of thought and looked at our grade. 108%. "Oh yeah that's great yay us." I said, forcing a smile. She continued to look at me.

*Lauren's POV*
Trying to figure out what Dinah was feeling at this very moment wasn't hard at all, but it was definitely difficult to pin point why. She wasn't happy. She doesn't really seem to care that we just got the highest grade in the class. She doesn't have a very large amount of patience. Something was up. "Dinah, do you wanna hang out after school?" I asked. She looked up at me and then back down. She knew I was trying to figure it out. "S-sure Lolo, sounds good.." She said, still looking down. I smiled at her before pulling out my phone and texting Kalin.

To: 🏀Kalin White🏀
Hey, meet me at the entrance of the mall later. Around like 5. Don't ask questions. Bye.

I'm assuming he got the text message, he looked up and confusingly nodded at me. Normani was staring at Dinah whenever I looked over, so I let it linger on a while longer. I smirked at her and back at Dinah before looking over at Camila. She had her head down. She hasn't been the same recently and it's starting to wear on the girls and I. What was wrong with her? She hadn't been the same since the day I went to see her, I hope it didn't have anything to do with me. Or worse... Ally and I.