Chapter 20

It's been 3 days since Lauren left, now July 4th, in which she won't be celebrating this year. It's around 8:45 pm, Chris and Camila decided to have their own firework show for Troy, Justin, Luke, Ashton, Calum, Michael, Harry,Liam, Zayn, Niall, Louis, Perrie, Jade, Jesi, Leigh Anne (friends of Ally and Kalin) Dinah, Kalin, Normani, Masi, Ally, Brandon, and the other few kid family members. The parents all decided to go out and drink, so you can only imagine how that is going.... Lauren decided to stay in her hotel room. Her best friend Bea Miller flew down from New York to see her. Luckily, Lauren has a two bedroom room, so Bea has her own place to sleep. Lauren has shut her phone off so that no form of communication can get through. She plans to be back for Ally's birthday, but Ally thinks otherwise...

*Ally's POV*
Sofi and I decided to sit on the steps leading up to the porch and watch the fireworks that Camila and Chris were setting off. I honestly loved those two together so much, between every set of fireworks, Chris would try and kiss Camila, but Camila brushed him off and said to wait for the finale. Dinah and Kalin were stuck watching Lala and Seth because their parents had went out. Seth was asleep on Kalin's shoulder while Dinah and Lala were watching the fireworks, simultaneous "oohs" and "ahhs" came from the two.

Masi and Normani were watching as well, Masi in some discussion with Brandon about the college they were both attending. Taylor sat up on the porch in the swing, willing herself to fall asleep. "Hey Tay, come over here a minute." I said, she groaned and sat up, trudging her way over. "What's wrong with you? You've been mute the whole night." "I just.. I don't know I miss Lauren. I know it's only been a few days, but I'm now realizing what it will feel like when she's off at college.  And the rest of you.

It'll be Chris and I, and Lala..and Sofi.." She laughed towards the end but quickly shrugged it off. "I think we all miss her. But what can I say...she's unpredictable. She's here one day, gone the next.. You can't ever be 100% sure she'll be there when you wake up the next day. I've had to learn that the past few years. Like.." "Like when she fled to California for spring break 3 years ago, or when she went to live with Bea up in New York in 9th grade.. Or" "Exactly Tay. Exactly." I laughed at how she could keep going about the times Lauren has left. 

"She's just her own person I guess is what needs to be said. She isn't lost, but she definitely wants to find herself." Sofi yawned as she began speaking. "That was deep Ally. Say more!" She laughed and Taylor nodded and laughed too. Taylor held out her arms so I could hand Sofi off to her. "Well, I've learned that Lauren is a collected soul. She keeps things to herself and the only way she would ever share it is through her artwork. Her sadness, there's more blue in her work.

Happiness, she has more yellow. If she's mad, she may break a few canvases.. But there's more red to them. She's easy to read, that is of course, when she's painting. You see... She likes to put on this tough guy act, but it's all to protect herself from the idiots we live around. That's why she wanted us to attend the art institute in San Antonio." I shrugged as Taylor nodded. Kalin walked over with Seth and sat down beside us on the porch. "So what are we talking about ladies?" He laughed. "Well we were talking about Lauren, but I figure you would wanna discuss like Dinah or something so..."

"No that's okay I'm good with just sitting in silence." I bit my tongue. What was that for? He's always wanted to talk about her. He ALWAYS has to change the subject. But now? Nothing? Cool. "So do you wanna talk about anything in particular?" Taylor asked, Sofi now sleeping on her. He shrugged. "We can talk about that weird relationship type shit going on between Normani and Dinah. It's just weird. It's like when Normani is around, Dinah doesn't wanna act like a couple with me. She'd rather sit with her. Talk to her. Cry with her. I don't know. "

--
"Ally come here!" Troy yelled from across the room. My mom had agreed to let us have a party as long as Brandon was supervising and well... He was passed out, drunk as hell, on the couch. I looked at Troy and shook my head, going back to my conversation with Camila. "I don't know, it's like... One minute she's happy, the next.. She's gone." I nodded. "That's just who she is, which is scary. You know, because if we...plan on having a future together, I don't want her just randomly running off because she doesn't feel right. I think it's a bit selfish." I felt a hand lay on my shoulder. I refused to turn around, I knew it was probably gonna be Troy.. Camila looked away awkwardly.