Chapter 6

*Ally's POV*

It's been about 3 days since I got to Texas. Still no call from Lauren. Damn how I wish she'd call and let me hear her voice...But now I'm laying here. In my bed for the night. Staring at the ceiling, wishing Lauren was there next to me. She's always helped me solve my internal issues or when I was afraid to do something. But, how can she help me solve this one? Hell, I'm running away from her because I'm afraid she won't be able to help me. I don't think she understands what I feel for her but damn if she knew, I swear things would be different.

There was a knock on my door yay startled me a bit. "Come in," I said, sitting up. My mom walked in. "Ally can we talk?" She came in and shut the door, not invading my space. I scooted over and patted the spot on the bed beside me. She made her way over and sat down. "The doctors said that aren't sure how long he has left.. I don't want you to be too disappointed to do anything either. I think you should fly back to Miami tomorrow... Get things off your mind. Have fun. Be...be a kid. You don't have much time left to do that and sitting here waiting our your grandfather's death shouldn't be part of it.." She held back her tears.

I knew she didn't want me here for this reason. But damn, if she knew why I came here in the second place (first place obviously being my grandfather), I'm sure she'd let me stay. What do I tell her first... The fact I'm in love with Lauren or the part where Troy and I broke up because I'm in love with Lauren. Lauren. Lauren. Damn I can't get that girl off my mind.. "Mom can I tell you something?" I said, looking at the ground. I tend to do that when I feel as though I was get a good answer. "Anything hun," she replied. I sighed and then began. "Troy and I broke up, because..

Because.." I hesitated telling her but my mind forced it out anyways. "I think I'm in love with Lauren..." I looked back up at her nervously. She looked back at me and sincerely smiled. I kept a straight face, but continued to talk. "It frightens me mom, I've never experienced feelings for a girl before, let alone one of my best friends. How am I supposed to explain that to her?" My mom pulled me into a hug and I couldn't refuse to hug her back. The motherly hugs she gave were unlike any other.

"Allyson, you have to. You have to explain it the best you can. Bottling things like that up can only harm yourself...and maybe her if she somehow feels the same but you know, is too scared to admit it to you. I've seen the way she looks at you. It's not a friendly look either. You know yourself she has what seems like pure love and joy in her eyes when she sees you. Do you remember your first day of third grade when you can home? Talking about the friend you made, Lo? You were so happy you made a new friend, you were so happy she made you feel better. She helped you stand up to those morons in your class. Ally, the feeling is mutual between you two. That hasn't gone unnoticed, hell, ever.

The way she treats you made me question whether Troy was the real one for you or not. Or if it was Lauren. Because I was for sure she treated you better than him. You've known her for 9 years Als, you've know Troy for practically 3 or 4. You know what's best for you. You just told me. Now you have to tell yourself. Then, you have to tell Lauren. Okay?" She finished just as I was beginning to tear up. Remembering what Camila and her were talking about... "Mom, she likes Camila. She even told me." I lied, hoping I wouldn't be in trouble by God for lying. "Did she?

What did she say?" My mom asked, knowing better. "Okay well, she never told me directly..but she was asking Camila if 'she's told anyone yet' and Camila said 'I was waiting until you're ready to' and stuff and I accidentally heard it when I went inside to get a water. It hurt me mom, I don't want Lauren to love Camila. I want Lauren to love me. Why is that so hard.." My dad was calling for my mom from downstairs at the time. "Hey listen to me, I'm going to buy you a plane ticket. You're going to fly back to Miami, and tell that girl how you feel, understand? Good or bad, you have to let her know!" My dad had come walking up the stairs and towards the room when my mom was getting ready to leave. "But mom if she doesn't feel the same I just wasted my time and your money.."