Chapter 13

*Lauren's POV*
What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?
And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're OK?
I'm falling to pieces, yeah,
I stopped singing when I realized Robyn was listening from the top bunk. "Lauren sweetie, you have a beautiful voice." I bit my lip and smiled. "Thanks Big Rob." I said. It's been about a month and a half since I got locked up. I chose to stay in the cell when the inmates were offered fresh air time. I got to know Robyn a little better. The one time I did leave the cell, the male inmates were harassing me, as much as it doesn't help my case, I punched a man. Bald, buff, tatted on every inch of skin he had. I gave him a broken nose. It's not everyday guys walk up to you and say "Aye mama, you got a fine ass." and get away with it.

I had taken the opportunity to use the jail's fitness center daily to get my body ready for summer. I had toned up my mid torso, almost creating a decent looking six pack. My arms felt more built than when I got here. I mean, if I'm going to have to practically fight for my life, might as well tone up and train a bit. "Robyn, how long until our trials?" I asked, sitting up on my bunk. Robyn sighed. "You get released for yours in 2 days. I got set on a waiting list due to the degree of crime.." I stood up and looked up at her. "Hey, when we make it out of here together, I want you to meet my girlfriend." I smiled and she propped herself up on her side, furrowing her eyebrows. "And when we get out of here together, I want you to meet mine. We're getting married in July."

She said, now a faint smile has spread across her face. I smiled back as the piercing voice of an officer approached the door. "Jauregui, you have a visitor. You get 20 minutes so h-h-h-HUSTLE!" I was confused as to why he was stuttering but I walked out of the cell and down to the visitor room. I searched around for someone I knew and spotted Dinah. I ran over to her and froze, remembering I'm not allowed to touch the visitors. A frown spread and she gave me a sympathetic smile. I sat down with her and she took a breath. She gave me a look up and down before laughing. "Wow, someone's been working out I see." I smiled. "I have to, jail life ain't easy. Had to set a dude straight yesterday." She gasped lowly and smiled. "Okay I know you have limited time here but I just wanted to tell you that I talked to your lawyer, and once all the evidence is put in line, you'll definitely be free to go.

He requested the video from the parking lot security cameras. Ally is going to be sworn in as a witness, and we read a law that states self-defense should be the first claim you try before any further action is taken. Simple, you apply for self defense, we see the videos of Dustin trying to hit back, not to mention the harassment, and then you get let go! Easy." She smiled and patted herself on the back for remembering it all.

"So basically, I'll be out in 2 days if all goes well? Because I don't wanna be here anymore. This place sucks. Trust me." I laughed and she shook her head. "You'll be out of here in less than 48 hours, congrats Lauren Jauregui." I laughed but instantly stopped the second someone else repeated my name. "Lauren Jauregui eh? Like the one who you know fucked every guy in Miami? That Lauren Jauregui?" I turned around and saw a man walking towards me. He was dressed in bright orange. He was an inmate. "It's not true you little fuckboy." Dinah said, looking over at the officer standing guard and seeing if he noticed.

"Not what my nephew said, that's for damn sure." He laughed. Who was this guy? I've never had sex before why in the world would I have one night stands, let alone with any guy from this ratchet ass town? "What's his name? You can guarantee he won't be able to talk when I'm up out of here." I said smiling. "Oh you should know him, I mean, you did take his girlfriend and all." I gulped hard. Troy's uncle was in jail? Umm... Great how pleasant. I stood up and turned around, right into him. "They call me Nasty T." He said, I laughed at that, still standing my ground.