Chapter 22

It's Ally's birthday. She still hasn't said a word to anyone. Kalin is the only one she wants to interact with these days. Dinah and Lauren are fed up with the way things are going down between the four of them. Ally isn't trying to hurt Lauren, she just doesn't know what to say to her. She isn't mad at her for leaving, she's just upset over what had happen while she was gone. Kalin doesn't want to ruin things with Dinah, but his best friend comes first. Dinah thinks otherwise.

If Kalin doesn't get his act together soon, this may be the end of Kalin and Dinah, for good. Normani and Jaxon are arguing over an event that took place back in April. Camila hasn't interacted with anyone since Chris stormed out. Justin was admitted into jail last night at 11:43 pm, the police were granted a warrant to search his home due to sketchy police reports, they had found weed in his couch, dresser, refrigerator, etc. He claimed it was Troy's but Troy had already fled the state. The police in Texas are searching for him, friends of his told police that he has family there.

Lauren and Ally have to leave for San Antonio soon but it is being delayed until police can locate Troy. Kalin, Camila and Normani plan to leave on the 10th, giving them 3 more days to say their goodbyes for a year or so. Dinah is leaving in a week or so, headed off the Georgia to begin her schooling. Times are changing for the gang, now whether they choose to interact after they part ways will be one journey to follow...

*Ally's POV*
Lauren has been trying for the past 3 hours to get me to talk to her. I wanna talk to her. I do. But what am I supposed to say?? Nothing I say would make sense. The thoughts running through my head right now can't possibly string a complete and thoughtful sentence together. The past 3 days have felt like weeks, months, years.. I feel so cut off from her. It's like she's tired of waiting and she's ready to continue her life the way it was when she left that day. It's just.. I don't know. It hurts.

"Allyson. There's nothing else I can think of to get you to say something. I've apologized 17..billion times, I've tried asking you questions, I try telling stories. I don't know, and it hurts because I know how well we're able to work things out. But this time, I..I don't know." Lauren got up and walked out of her room. Let's back up, I give her props for even convincing me to be here in the first place. I could be anywhere else right now but here I am.

I laid back and stared at the ceiling. I had to find the courage to tell her what I'm feeling. It's only right. Maybe if I like, write it down, I can get everything off my chest. I sat up and looked at her door before going towards the desk. I opened the top drawer and searched around for a pen. While searching, I came upon this..childish looking picture. I picked it up, but several more followed after, almost like a book. I pulled them out and studied them carefully. Each picture had symbolized the same idea. Two kids, both girls, walking off into the sunset, holding hands.

Did Lauren do this? I asked myself, flipping through the pictures. As I flipped through, the girls in the figure grew, almost like a timeline. The taller figure's hair color had changed from a normal brown to almost a black color, almost like Lauren's. The smaller one has went from a dark brown hair color to a dirty blonde color. Was that me? Her? Was this us? Did she.. She didn't.. I froze when I came upon a certain picture from a specific date. April 25th, or the day we got together.... I set the other pictures neatly in a pile off to the side and read this one.

"Dear Allyson Brooke Hernandez, we fell in love today. Well, we've been in love I guess, but today we finally admitted it. It took a lot of courage. I'm glad we did though, I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. We kissed today. It was magical. Something I've never felt before, the right set of lips I want for my last first kiss. We held hands. Memories flooded back again, I'll never let them go. Some people have said that nothing lasts forever, but I'll be damned if anything comes between us. Thank you for a great day beautiful. Here's something new.. I love you so much. Here's to the future of us. - Your Lo For Always. 4/25/15❤️"