Chapter 18

3 weeks later....

Chris and Taylor finally got out for summer break. Ally and Lauren are celebrating their 3 months together. Normani and Masi are struggling with the constant arguments. Kalin and Dinah are off doing their own thing. Kalin got accepted into Duke University in a full ride basketball scholarship. Dinah got accepted into Anges Scott University in Decatur, Georgia; full ride.

Lauren and Ally found complete joy and happiness in both getting accepted into The Art Institute of San Antonio. Lauren had been offered a full ride scholarship while Ally had only been offered a few thousand shy of one. Lauren promised to help her pay for it. It's the middle of June. June 25th to be precise.... The day Dinah and Lauren decided to celebrate their 18th birthdays. (Btw just roll with the fact Dinah is older for now okay because I knew this was going to happen by making them all in the same grade.) (I only feel this is necessary to say...so..) and this is where our story picks up today.

*Lauren's POV*
Dinah and I decided to split the week down the middle and celebrate somewhere in between since we were born 5 days apart. We've done this ever since kindergarten, our families would get together, along with Normani's and Camila's, and we'd party. Of course 3 years into the tradition, a beautiful little headache of mine decided to join in. I hadn't really been bothered by it, and from the looks of it, Dinah came to know and accept Ally.

The first few years of Ally being around, Dinah always seemed so distant. As if I was going to replace her or something. I always told her to "look around" every time I caught her jealous little glares on us. I never explained what it meant to her but it means that I have 4 best friends, so basically telling me that you're jealous because I have more than one best friend is kind of ridiculous. Sure, Ally is my girlfriend as well but we still get along like best friends. Not everything in our relationship is love. I mean, we've been in love for 9 years, what else is there really to our friendship?

It's 2:30 pm and Dinah and I weren't allowed to go to the park where we decided to have our party yet. Ally and my parents insisted on setting up this year. When Ally plans something, she means business. But when you put my mom and her together, THEY. MEAN. BUSINESS. So Dinah and I decided to go get some froyo since it was rather hot today.

Normani's and Camila's family were heading to the park now to help with anything else needed to be done. Dinah invited Kalin and his mom and sister as well. I've slowly learned to let go of the irritating hate I had for Kalin, partly because he made Dinah head over goddamn heels and nobody has ever done that before...partly because I'm happy with Ally and that's all I have ever wanted.. Oh and another part because I really only hated him for spreading the rumor that I took guys in for one night stands and he was the last one. Which none of that is true.. And to be honest, I'm still a virgin.

I was probably the only girl in school that hadn't "got laid" yet. Hell, I'm sure even Camila has had sex before me. Her faggot ex boyfriend, Austin seemed like that kind of guy. He graduated last year but not without a little "goodbye love" for Camila. The way Alejandro went after Austin, you'd think he got her pregnant. Sheesh. I love Alejandro though, he's like a second dad to me.

"Lauren, blue or green??" Dinah asked, kicking me out of my train of thought. I looked around again and laughed, forgetting we were at the froyo shop. "Uhhhh blue. I like blue. You like green better anyways so-" "do you even know what I'm talking about..?" "Well n-" "LAUREN!!" "Well that escala-" "Were you speaking your thoughts to the readers about something useless but it was added into this book anyways?!" "We're in a bo-" "Ugh, I was talking about the color for my contacts. Blue or green?" I sighed. I would never win a fight with her. But now the one thing on my mind was... Are we really in a book?