Chapter 14

*Dinah's POV*
I was seated next to Ally's mom, Camila, Chris, Normani, Camila's parents and Lauren's parents. Ally decided not to show up today and I was sure that was going to knock at Lauren's hopeful side. The judge was brought in along with the two police men who stood off to the side. The jury was filled with mainly women, leaving only about 7 guys. There was 13 women. Dustin was brought in, of course over exaggerating his limps, he had a wrap around his head, his arm was in a cast and he had a few bruises on his cheek. It's been almost 2 months, he was definitely faking the injuries.

"The case of Dustin Brown vs Lauren Jauregui has come to order. Bring her in." The judge said as the jury and herself took a seat. For the first time in 2 months, Camila, Chris, Clara, Mike, Normani and Camila's parents had seen Lauren. They knew she wasn't the same Lauren that got thrown in jail. She came out wearing her orange jumpsuit still. Which was not something that was required, they must have forbidden her to change though, those police men didn't seem too nice. They uncuffed her and she took a quick glance back at us. I gave her a sympathetic smile, but she quickly turned away when she didn't see Ally anywhere.

"Alright alright we all know how court works. Mr. Brown, let's here your side of the story. Jauregui, only your lawyer may interject." Dustin cleared his throat and "struggled" to stand up. So pathetic. "Well your honor, I was minding my own business after school the day it took place. I was walking to my car like always. I happened to look over at Lauren and her girlfriend kissing. She must have caught sight of that and gotten angry that I was watching. But then again, if she's brave enough to kiss another female in public, why is she so worried about who's watching?"

He smirked over at Lauren and Lauren simply huffed out in frustration. He's lying to the judge. He's acting like he didn't say anything. Wow. Smart Dustin. Too bad Lauren's lawyer has the video. "Go on," the judge said. "Well, once she set her girlfriend down. She made her way towards me, as I was searching my pockets for my keys to open my car. I wanted nothing else to do with them. I support LGBT rights. I have nothing against them. No big deal," he shrugged and winced in "pain". "I turned to see a furious Lauren right next to me. I tried to ask her if she needed something but before I could, she punched me.

I was taken back by her actions as I threw my arms up in defense, trying to get her away. Her girlfriend, Allyson Hernandez, was yelling at Lauren to stop. Clearly, Lauren did not listen. Then after she had ignored Allyson, she continued to hit me. In various spots, eventually knocking me to the ground. She straddled me and placed numerous punches across my face as I lay there, hopeless, defenseless, lifeless."

*Lauren's POV*
"Aren't you going to interject and tell her that he's lying? I'm not paying you for nothing!!" I whisper-yelled at my lawyer. His name was John Hamilton, in no relation to Normani by the way. He looked over and chuckled. "He can say what he wants now, I have the video and audio to prove his lies are wrong. Don't worry kid." He smiled and I sighed in content. "If it weren't for Officer Thompson driving by, I don't think I would be here today to tell the story." He sighed. I laughed and the judge snapped her neck over to me. I quickly coughed to make it seem as if I weren't laughing. "Are you finished, Mr. Brown?" The judged asked and he nodded. She turned her attention to me. "Miss. Jauregui. Your turn." She said. I stood up and glanced back once again. Still no Ally. Dinah nodded her head telling me to go on. "Well your honor, I was minding my business the day this occurred. Yes, I was kissing my girlfriend. So what?" I laughed. "She's got nice lips by the way." The judge glared at me and I smiled. "Anyways, Mr. Brown over there did in fact start this incident. I believe my lawyer has the audio and video footage that was taken from the security cameras right next to his car." Those last few words burned Dustin's ears. Oh what, he didn't think I was smart enough to get the actual proof? Okay cool.