𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝙾𝚈𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙽𝙳 𝙿𝙰𝙲𝚃

THE BOYFRIEND PACT
-
GENRE
ANGST
-
WARNINGS
DOMESTIC ABUSE, CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ABUSE
-
RELATIONSHIP
EMELISE GRESSI X OCTAVIUS CONATO (implied)
-
NOTES
Octavius is rotting in extra hell as we speak

~♢~

from The Autobiography of Jadey Gressi

When me and my siblings were younger, we made a pact. If our mom ever dated someone who was physically abusive, we would let them hit us. That way, Emelise wouldn't get hurt.

If they were hitting us, they weren't hitting her.

This plan worked well. Usually the guys she brought home would just slap us around on occasion, sometimes cop a feel, sometimes take us to bed. We didn't care, though, cause Emelise was okay. And she usually ended up dumping the guys when she saw our bruises.

Then there was this one guy. Octavius Conato. I was thirteen years old when he came around. I lost my virginity to him. We sold the couch it happened on a month later.

At first, Octavius seemed like a good guy. Then, he slammed Fenla's face into a stove burner.

She'd been cooking dinner since the gods know our mom never did. Well, Mala, who was four at the time, started crying cause she wanted dinner to be done right then. Fenla turned away from the stove and tried to get her to stop crying. While she wasn't paying attention, the food burned.

Octavius came in and started yelling at her. Everyone in the whole house heard, except for Emelise, cause her office is soundproof. He called her a useless little slut, said that she was good for nothing. He called her some things I don't ever want to repeat.

For the grand finale, he threw the burnt food at the wall and slammed the pan on the ground. Then he grabbed Fenla by the back of the head and slammed her face onto the burner.

We told the nurses she fell.

A week after that, Ancion flew in from England, where he'd been working on a new Netflix series. We were eating dinner. I should mention that Ancion has long legs, and he stretches them a lot. Well, you'll never guess who was sitting across from him that night.

After Octavius accused Ancion of kicking him, our brother got dragged outside and beaten. Ancion was eighteen. But he remembered part of the pact.

Never fight back. It makes it worse on the other siblings.

The nurses heard the story of Ancion getting into a bar fight.

Emelise was with Octavius for a year. During that period, he did so many things to us, especially Tala and I. However, we put up with it all.

We didn't want our mother to get hurt.

~♢~

[editor's note: Octavius Contano was executed for seven rape charges on August 30, 2019. Jadey and Tala were two of his accusers.]