𝚈𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙷𝙰𝙸𝚁 𝙸𝚂 𝚂𝙾 𝙿𝚁𝙴𝚃𝚃𝚈

TITLE
YOUR HAIR IS SO PRETTY
-
GENRE
ANGST
-
WARNINGS
IMPLIED/REFERENCED CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ASSAULT, GROOMING
-
RELATIONSHIP
NONE
-
NOTES
I would both kill and die for Scarlett Willis (she does not exist)

~⚊~

Scarlett sat on the ground in front of her mirror. Her hair, waist-length and wavy, was still wet from the shower.

She couldn't believe it. She finally had her own home. She finally had her own apartment, away from the monster she'd divorced.

Steven, her son, was at the park with Owen while Scarlett unpacked. She was so grateful for that man. He'd payed for her divorce lawyer, helped pay for her apartment, watched Steven whenever she asked. He was an angel among men, in Scarlett's eyes.

She sat back, brushing her hair. She stopped, touching it gently.

"Your hair is so pretty," Lorenzo had said to her when they met. It was shorter then, just past her shoulder blades. She hadn't cut it since she started working for BKN when she was fourteen. Lorenzo didn't want her to.

Sometimes Scarlett could still feel his hands on her. She knew he was far away, but the touches never seemed to fade. When she was a teen, his hands were always on her. Her shoulders, her back, her hips. Running through her hair.

Your hair is so pretty.

Scarlett was a woman now. She wasn't the teenager Lorenzo knocked up and married for convenience. She wasn't the woman who was knocked around by her husband when she spoke up about the way he touched the children he worked with.

She was Scarlett Willis, the actress, the mother.

Not Scarlett Flavisen, the wife of a monster.

She needed to do something to commemorate that. Something to show that she was free.

She stood and walked to the kitchen. She'd unpacked the silverware, along with the kitchen shears. After a moment of digging, she found what she was looking for and went back to the bedroom. She sat on the floor, shears in hand.

You have beautiful hair.

Scarlett snipped away a lock, watching it fall to the ground. No turning back now.

You have beautiful hair.

More hair fell away. Scarlett's feet were soon covered, but she didn't mind.

You have beautiful hair.

She looked into the mirror and smiled. Gone was Scarlett Flavisen, whom the public jokingly called Rapunzel. Gone was Scarlett Flavisen, wife of a monster. Gone was Scarlett Flavisen, the victim of Lorenzo Flavisen.

You have beautiful hair, he'd said so many times, his fingers brushing her scalp.

Her smile grew.

Not anymore.