𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁𝚂

STARS
-
FANDOM
DC
-
GENRE
FLUFF
-
WARNINGS
NONE
-
RELATIONSHIP
JASON TODD X PHAM DUYEN
-
NOTES
here have something fluffy

~☆~

Jason had never really seen the stars. He was a Gotham kid. The smog was usually too bad to see the sky. But here, lying on a rooftop in Pakistan, he truly saw the beauty of the night sky.

Duyen lay beside him, her fingers tangled in his. With her free hand, she pointed up. "That's Orion," she told him. "They say he was Artemis' lover. Apollo was jealous, though, and tricked his sister into shooting him. As Orion was dying, Artemis hung him in the stars so that she wouldn't lose him. That's when she swore off men. So that she could never be hurt like that again."

Jason knew the myth well. However, he just listened. He liked hearing Duyen talk. Her voice was pretty. He squeezed her hand gently. "That reminds me of a Romeo and Juliet quote," he said. "Give me my Romeo; and, when he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars--"

Duyen cut him off, smiling. "And he will make the face of heaven so fine That all the world will be in love with night And pay no worship to the garish sun," she finished. She stroked Jason's cheek. "I think you'd be a beautiful constellation," she said. She often gave strange compliments like that. Jason adored them.

"Oh?" The black haired boy turned on his side, watching Duyen. She was looking up at the stars, still. Her hair fanned around her head. She looked ethereal. He'd always thought she looked like a little fairy, but on that rooftop, bathed in moonlight, she looked downright celestial.

His companion nodded, rolling over as well. "You're beautiful now," she told him. "You'd be even more so as stars." She ran her fingers through Jason's hair. She so badly wanted to kiss him. He was so close, yet so far. Would he even want to kiss her?

Jason seemed to read her mind. He leaned closer. "May I kiss you?" he whispered, pulling Duyen ever so slightly closer to him. He tucked a strand of her long hair behind her ear. 

She didn't answer verbally, instead pressing her lips to his. He pulled her even closer, his hands finding her hair. She had her hands on his cheeks.

For a short time, everything was perfect. For a short time, they lay in each other's arms, the stars forgotten. For a short time, they were just two people in love.