𝚂𝙲𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙼

SCREAM
-
GENRE
ANGST
-
WARNINGS
SIBLING DEATH, PARENT DEATH, MURDER
-
RELATIONSHIP
DICK GRAYSON/NIGHTWING & ROXIE GRAYSON/BIGTOP BABE, JOSELYN TODD/BIRDCAGE & ROXIE GRAYSON/BIGTOP BABE
-
NOTES
Dick fucking dies
-
UNIVERSE INFO
INJUSTICE: GODS AGAINST HUMANITY

~⭑~

 There's a scream that can't be silenced. It's rising, growing louder and louder. It's the scream of a child abandoned long ago. As the scream echoed the circus tent, it echoes now in Roxie's brain. It penetrates all the dark places. It slams into the loss, it bounces against the regret...

And the pain.

Mary and John are gone. Roxie and Dick, they're abandoned.

They're alone.

Their parents are dead.

And now...

Roxie's brother is dead. Killed by Robin.

Killed by Damian Al Ghul Wayne.

He was just trying to help Batman against Superman. All he wanted to do was help people. And now he was gone. Forever.

Roxie slid to the floor, shaking. She hid her head in her hands. A sob escaped her lips. Her chest heaved with every breath. Oh god. He was really gone.

She rocked back and forth. "I'm gonna kill him," she whispered. "I'm going to kill him..."

Joselyn walked over and sat beside her. "Rox..." she said softly. Roxie didn't say anything. Joselyn hugged her. "Mom..."

That was what broke her. Roxie felt tears dripping down her cheeks. She hugged Joselyn tightly. Of all the children Roxie had adopted, she knew Joselyn was the only one who felt her pain.

There's a scream that can't be silenced. It is the scream of a child, abandoned long ago. As the scream echoed in the warehouse, it echoes now in Roxie's brain.

Was it her scream or her brother's? She doesn't quite know.

The scream penetrates all the dark places. It slams into the loss, it bounces against the regret...

And the pain.

He's gone.

She's abandoned again.

Roxie's brother is dead.