𝚈𝙾𝚄'𝚁𝙴 𝚂𝙰𝙵𝙴

TITLE
YOU'RE SAFE
-
FANDOM
DC
-
GENRE
ANGST
-
WARNINGS
DEATH MENTION
-
RELATIONSHIP
NONE
-
NOTES
this has been on my brain since Athena was created

~☍~

Athena sat on the ground, hiding behind a trailer. She was sobbing. After watching Mary and John Grayson fall to their deaths, she'd run. She didn't like this. She didn't want to be here anymore, she wanted to go home.

She curled into herself, sobbing into her knees. The image of the man and woman hitting the ground would be forever burned in her memory. But, for now, she just wanted to get away from there.

As she cried, footsteps approached. With a sniffle, she looked up to see a teenager with his hair in a ponytail.

"Hey, kid," he said gently, crouching in front of her. "You must be Athena, right?" She nodded and he smiled. "Everyone's looking for you, kid. Your parents are real worried." He reached for her. "Can I pick you up?"

Athena nodded, allowing him to pick her up. She held onto his neck as he carried her back to her parents.

"You're safe, kid," he told her softly as they reached her parents.

Janet immediately snatched Athena from the teen's arms. "Oh, sweetheart, we were so worried!" she said, hugging her daughter close. She turned to the teen once again. "Thank you so much, young man. What's your name?"

He smiled once again. "Name's Reggie, ma'am. Reggie Winters."