𝙸 𝙼𝙴𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙳𝙴𝚅𝙸𝙻

I MET THE DEVIL
-
GENRE
ANGST
-
WARNINGS
MURDER, DEATH, GUNS, POISON, IMPLIED CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ABUSE, CHILD ABUSE
-
RELATIONSHIP
CATTY PORTER X THERAPY
-
NOTES
writing angst is a coping mechanism

~⮿~

Catty sat across from her court appointed therapist, Dr. Holmes. The teen had her arms crossed. A fresh bruise from a recent fight bloomed across her cheek.

Dr. Holmes crossed her legs. "So, Catalina," she said. "You're here, why?"

Catty rolled her eyes. "You've read my file. You know."

"Right," the doctor sighed. "You got into a fistfight outside Wal-mart and chose therapy instead of juvie."

Catty gave her a fake smile. "Exactly." She crossed her arms and shut her mouth.

Dr. Holmes wrote something down. "Catalina, why are you so angry?" she asked.

"Catty," the girl corrected.

"Catty," the doctor said, "why are you so angry?"

Catty took a breath. "I met the devil."

~⮿~

The year was 1982. Catty had been with HYDRA for two years. She was so young then. Almost innocent.

The little girl sat in a van with three men. One was her father. One was S.H.I.E.L.D.-HYDRA double agent. The other was another scientist, who'd helped Gerard create the Empathy Serum.

This was Catty's first mission. A S.H.I.E.L.D agent had discovered a HYDRA mole. Catty was meant to lead him to his death.

"Do you remember the plan, Catalina?" Gerard asked.

She nodded. "I go to the agent's house and tell him I got lost. Then I lead him to the van. I hold his hand so I know if he starts getting suspicious."

Her father kissed the top of her head. "Good girl. You're so smart."

Calm.

Pride.

Catty smiled. Gerard was proud of her. Proud! For remembering the mission.

"Go on now, dear," Gerard urged, opening the door of the van. Catty climbed out. She walked to the agent's address. Her first mission!

The girl knocked on the door. Her hands shook. It had to be the nerves. But she would make Gerard proud. She would succeed.

The door opened. There stood a middle-aged man. "Hey, uh, kid," he said, leaning on the doorframe. "I ain't got money for no girlscout cookies."

Catty looked up at him, giving her most pitiful face. "I was walking around the neighborhood, and I got lost, and I can't find my way home, and- and-" She sniffled. "I just want my mama..."

The man looked down at her. "Poor dear," he remarked. "Do you know your address? I can help you find your home."

"8076 Good Lane," Catty told him.

He nodded and took her hand. Catty felt his emotions flood into her. 

Pity. 

Sadness.

At least he wasn't suspicious.

The pair walked, Catty slowing down slightly as they neared the van. The agent still didn't suspect a thing.

They walked by. Catty saw her face reflected in the tinted window. That's when she felt hands grab her. A gun was pressed to her temple.

"Don't try to be a hero," one of Gerard's coworkers said. "Or the girl gets it."