𝙳𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙱𝙴𝙳𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃

DISOBEDIENT
-
FANDOM
MARVEL
-
GENRE
ANGST
-
WARNINGS
NONE
-
RELATIONSHIP
NONE
-
NOTES
suffer

~⬧~

It's been three weeks since the Young Avengers discovered Catty Garfield. Now, they're determined to bring her memories back. She's got to be their Catty. Right?

None of their other plans have worked, but this one will, they know. If nothing else, Catty will remember her band. She'll remember the song she herself wrote about wanting to misbehave against HYDRA.

So, The Killers stood onstage, warming up, Freya in Catty's place on the drums. Ellie grabbed her mic. "Who's here for the show!?" she yelled, to which the crowd screamed.

"This is so exciting!" Catty said, clapping her hands. Rachel nodded in agreement.

"This first song is a special request from Rachel Stark!" Ellie exclaimed. The Killers started the opening notes of the song.

Rachel leaned over to Ilya. "This has gotta bring Catty's memories back. It's the song she wrote about escaping," she whispered.

Ellie stepped forward onstage. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she smiled. Her look turned sour. "Thank you for gracing me, with your presence!" A nod from Winnie and she went on, singing. 

"Good afternoon, sir.
What can I do, sir?
Just say the word, sir.
Anything for you, sir. 
Your friends all say, sir,
'You don't deserve her.'
I disagree, sir.
I live to serve, sir."

Ellie pointed to Catty, who was dancing in the audience. Freya joined in, singing with Ellie.

"I think about all the wasted time I spent, 
I wanna be disobedient
I shoot awake, wondering where my summers went
I wanna be disobedient
Disobedient, disobedient!"

The words seemed to mean nothing to Catty. Rachel felt tears welling in her eyes. Why wasn't she remembering? Ellie kept singing.

"I've been good, sir,
So very, very good for what?
And I've given you
Every single thing I got
It's feeling strange, man,
This whole arrangement
Is gonna end with me-"

Freya jumped in again, leaving the drums to share a mic with Ellie.

"-Totally deranged!
When I think about all the wasted time I spent,
I wanna be
Disobedient!
I shoot awake wondering where my summers went,
I wanna be
Disobedient,
Disobedient, disobedient!"

Catty still wasn't responding how they'd hoped. Rachel broke down in tears. Ilya ran up to the stage. He beckoned to Freya, who leaned down. 

"I-it's not enough," he stammered. 

Freya looked down at her hands. "Maybe we need to hit her where it hurts," she said softly.

Ilya stepped back. "What!?" No. Freya couldn't mean--

"You know, her original boss?" The blonde fidgeted. "Her dad. The reason she rebelled in the first place."

"Gerard," Selene spoke up. Ilya jumped. They had a habit of sneaking up on everyone. "She's gotta remember Gerard."

Freya nodded. She took the mic from Ellie as Selene transformed into Gerard Porter. They wrapped their fist in Freya's hair, dragging her into the crowd where Catty stood.

"I want to be
Disobedient."

Freya sang softly, reaching out for Catty, who, by now, was ignoring the show to comfort Rachel. Freya put her hand on the brunette's cheek. Catty pushed her away, rubbing Rachel's back. The blonde kept singing softly.

"I wanna be
Disobedient,
Disobedient, disobedient,
Disobedient..." 

But Catty didn't remember.