BFBS : 13

•••

Chapter 7
FREEN

"Well, kids, it looks like you're going to be here for a while." Mr. Armstrong hangs up the phone and goes to the window, watching the storm. "A tree fell and knocked out power lines. The road is blocked."

"How bad?" Heng asks.

"Billy said there's been a lot of damage in town they have to get to first. He'll keep us posted. I know Rebecca and Freen need to leave soon to make it home in time. Though you shouldn't drive in this rain anyway."

Rebecca shifts in her seat, and the collar of her oversized sweatshirt falls down her shoulder. Her hair is in a messy braid, she's not wearing any makeup, and she's refused to look at me all morning. She's done an impressive job of pretending I'm not here, actually. No one else has noticed her go about the kitchen, getting coffee and helping her mom make breakfast and act like it's just her family sitting around the large island counter.

"Should we go into the basement?" Mrs. Armstrong asks. She tightens her grip on Noah, who doesn't seem bothered by the storm at all.

"Nah," Mr. Armstrong says, looking out the window. "This house has survived for over a hundred years. It'll go a hundred more. I'm not worried."

A loud crash of thunder booms overhead, startling the dogs. The lights flicker. Once. Twice. And then the power goes out.

"Rebecca, can you call your brothers and make sure they're awake and aware of the storm? Gulf can sleep through anything." Mrs. Armstrong gets up, keeping Noah's hand in hers as if she's afraid the small boy will blow away in the storm, and gets battery-powered candles and a flashlight out from under the kitchen sink.

"I've been texting Bright all morning," Rebecca responds, not looking up from her phone. "They've been up doing inventory at the bar."

"The bar? Maybe they should come here where it's safer."

"Jackie," Mr. Armstrong starts. "It'd be far more dangerous to have them drive. The bar has a basement."

"Grammy will you read to me? I'm tired." Noah tugs on Mrs. Armstrong's hand.

"Of course, baby! Let me get another flashlight and we can go snuggle on the couch."

Nam goes into the living room with them to work on her lesson plans for the week, and Mr. Armstrong tells Heng he needs him to sort through a client's file so they can get a head start on a project for tomorrow.

And now just Rebecca and I are in the kitchen. I'm pretty sure her coffee mug is empty, but she brings it to her lips and pretends to take a drink, turning away from me to look outside at the storm.

It's just now ten AM, and I'm not at all worried about making it back home in time. But being stuck in this house with Rebecca...it's not uncomfortable at all. Especially after last night.

Hah. The tension is so thick it's hard to fucking breathe.

Regretting the second helping of bacon and eggs I got, I push the last bit around on my plate and steal a glance at Rebecca. She's holding her coffee cup—which is definitely empty—and frowning as she reads something on her phone.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"No." She doesn't look away from her phone, but at least she answered me. She sets her mug down and types up a reply then fires off the email. "I get no service here," she mutters and trades her phone for the coffee mug again. This time, she takes it to the sink.

Those little bitty shorts ride up her tight ass as she walks. I want to put my hands on it. Press my cock up against it as I kiss her neck, gathering her hair into one hand and move it over her shoulder.

I swallow hard. I can't think like that. Not here. Not now.

Not ever.

"Are you done?" Rebecca puts one hand on her hip and for a split second, I think she knows what I'm thinking.

"Yeah," I say, picking up my last piece of bacon. I pop it in my mouth and stand, bringing my plate over to the sink. Rebecca takes it from me and bends over to let the dogs lick the remnants of eggs. Her ass is in the air right in front of me, and I wonder if she's doing it on purpose to get a rise out of me.

Because she is, and I have to change my stance thanks to my hardening cock.

"Rebecca," I start, not sure what to say, but I have to say something. "We should talk."

"About what?" She straightens up and rounds on me, crossing her arms. Her eyes meet mine, drilling in with an intensity I've never seen from her.

I move closer, stepping over Boots. If I say it now, there will be no more wondering. No more waiting. She'll either take me or leave me, but at least I'll know. I can kiss her now or move on. Somehow, someway.

It's not hard. All I have to do is open my mouth and let the words come out, speaking with unwavering vehemence as I tell her how I feel.

Yet, I can't.

.
.
.

— TBC 🐻