8. Court room

▪︎▪︎▪︎

▪︎▪︎▪︎

How does it feel to sit with the person you hate to the guts?

Feels like strangling them or just kill them and make it look like accident?

Nah.

That's a child play.

Best weapon to make your enemy feel like death is defeat them in their own game. Make them feel like there's someone who can step up a level than them.

These are the thoughts of criminal lawyer Kabir Malhotra for his rival 'Ravindra Raj Oberoi'.

Ravindra Raj, a 33-year-old criminal lawyer and Lawyer of Rajput family. He's kind of a family person to Rajput's. A distant relative to be precise.

Their rivalry started when Kabir won a case against Ravindra Raj three years ago. And this thing hurted his ego as he was the lawyer who had never lost any case in the court.

Ravindra Raj was a known personality in this field until Kabir came and won against him.

The public was shocked would be an understatement because even though he was still a newbie and was working for two years in this field.

Then people started to prefer Kabir more than Ravindra Raj and that's how a bitter feeling started growing up for Kabir.
Now they are again going to fight the case against each other after 3 years. But it's going to tough because all the evidence are against Kabir's client, Mr. Akshay Rajput.

But is it true?
Let's see.

Right now they are in the court room for their 1st trial. Kabir and Ravindra are sitting on opposite side of the table with their team with their clients beside them and the judge is yet to come.

Kabir and Ishaan are discussing something with their team while Ravindra is talking to Malini, wife of the victim.

Karthi was just rubbing her palm out of nervousness because this was her first case and she was scared she might end up messing things but one part of her told that 'nothing will happen you're confident enough to face worst things possible' and it's true. From a young age she has faced problems, the kind of problem which might be a small issue for them.

Ishaan who was sitting beside Karthi, held her hand tightly under the table. Karthi who was stunned with this actions of Ishaan now gave him a cold look and tried to take her hands back which only made his grip tight.

He caressed the back of her hand with his thumb giving her some kind of comfort which was much needed for her.

Though she was having an internal war whether to take her hand back or leave it as it is she decided to keep it as it is as she needed this the most now.

Kabir who was sitting beside Ishaan noticed this sighed softly and smiled internally, a hope of everything to get sorted out took place in his heart.

Things were never easy for Kabir, whether it be in past or now. He has always struggled to achieve his desired goals. Nones life is a bed of roses but every step Kabir took, thorns had engulfed him. But he was also adamant to get what he wanted, he wanted to prove that he's not what people had called him. Loser.