Chapter Ten

( Texts )

Henry: Ben ! Are you alright! Carolyn Parsons just texted me. She said you were attacked by a robber in your house! That's it! You're getting a security system. And a dog. Maybe a gun. You can afford it. You're just stubborn. I'm coming home. Now. Are you ok?

Ben : I'm fine. Henry, I'm fine. Really. I am. In fact I am currently being tortured in the ER. Don't come back yet. This trip is important. You said that yourself before you left.

Henry: Nothing is more important than you. You idiot. You're my best friend. If anything had happened to you. But if you really are ok then I will just finish this appraisal. The old lady has a superb house full of such wonderful treasures , Benny! Honest to God she has genuine Royal Dulton ! I even saw a first edition signed Murder on the Orient Express you will love. I bet you don't sell it. I can see you reading it with those white gloves of yours on. I'm buying it. You can do what you want with it. I just hate that you are alone.

Ben: I'm fine. Besides I'm not really alone right now.

Henry: Pam there ? Tell her I said Hello , darling!

Ben : No. My new neighbor. Daniel.

Henry: WHAT! A MAN! Honest to fucking God above? A man ? Dish the tea , bitch.

Ben: Later lol. Not that there's anything to dish. It's me after all. Doctor Simpson is coming. Call you later, Hen.

Henry: You better. Love you.

Ben : Love you too.

                 -----------

Private Number: The plan went slightly wrong. He lived.

Jordan: I don't pay for slightly wrong. I pay for action. Action like reading Ben Love's boring obituary in the newspaper. Then I can grab his store really cheap from the state.

Private Number: I wasn't expecting the nosy neighbor to come calling. It distracted me from finishing the job properly. Next time will be better.

Jordan: It better be.