Chapter Thirty Nine

The Love Gazette
Now Available Online And Print
Editor In Chief Daniel St. Austin

Wanted Hit Man Cole Pace confesses to two attempted murders and several other crimes; also implicates business man Jordan Woolbury

The Washington Post

Businessmen Jordan Woolbury questioned by Georgia police about involvement in murder for hire plot

The Washington Reign

Georgia cops seizing cell phone and computer records of tycoon Jordan Woolbury on Bookstore Hit Man Case

                   -----------

( Texts )

Jordan: Jacob, cousin, I need your help. These hick cops are breathing down my neck like a whore in church. It's not like that handicap boy was actually killed. I tried to call it off! Make this shit go away ! We're family!

Jacob Giadello: Jordan. You are a fool. I'm not involving myself in this. A hit on a disabled man. Are you that stupid? Don't contact me again. You're not my family. My family is in DC and Texas.

                       -----------

Reginald: Mr. Woolbury, I just emailed you my resignation. Effective immediately. I don't require severance. Or a recommendation. It's been an experience working for you. I am currently cleaning out my office.

                  ------------------

October

It was Saturday night and Daniel and Henry had " kidnapped" Ben and taken him to the popular and brightly decorated for Halloween popular Club Rainbow in Atlanta.

The club was jumping as usual and almost half the high fashioned twinks were leering suggestively at Daniel who looked hot as hell in a pair of tight black skinny jeans that showed off all his assets and matching plain black tee shirt. They were also casting curious smirks at Ben who was doing his best to ignore them all. With Daniel by his side and gazing at him like he was the most gorgeous person in the room Ben didn't care what anyone else thought about him. Ben slid closer in their center booth towards Daniel and put his head down on his man's shoulder. He looked at all the jealous hags that smirked at him while thinking, " Fuck you, bitches. He was all Ben's. Suffer.

And Henry as Lady Ariel was in his usual extraordinary form in a skintight blood red evening gown and expensive matching stiletto heels, the puffed up curls of his favorite platinum blond wig cascading down his back.  He rocked it on stage as usual with his raucous laughter and brash flirting and that low deep throaty voice belting out And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going.

Everyone loved Lady Ariel. Especially one particular man that Daniel and Ben noticed staring unblinkingly at their friend.

Reginald Roberts.

He sat at the bar with a shot glass of whiskey in his hand. He saw them too. He smiled slightly and with the glass stood up to walk over to them. The whole time he moved his eyes kept watching Henry as Lady Ariel. Ben thought he looked sad and wistful.

Reginald nodded at them, saying," I am glad to see you both looking well. Especially you, Mr. Love. I must apologize for my former employer. And myself. I knew nothing of his heinous actions. "

Ben smiled at him kindly. Daniel drew Ben closer to him.

" I accept your apology , Mr. Roberts. My name is Ben. "

Reginald nodded and downed his drink.

Daniel asked," Former employer? "

" Yes. Woolbury Enterprises and I have parted ways. It was not the proper fit for me. I'm looking for a nice little town to practice in. Somewhere quiet with nice people. I'm at lost ties now. "

Ben grew pensive for the first time that night. Henry had mentioned off hand last week that the lawyer's husband was  gravely ill. He inquired of his well being.

Reginald solemnly said ," Lionel passed away. It was peaceful. "

Ben felt Daniel stiffening beside him and he knew what the man was thinking about. Eric. Ben couldn't say he was not jealous of a dead man because he was. A little. Eric would always claim a small part of Daniel no matter how close they grew. He could accept that though. What choice did he have?

" I'm sorry to hear that," Ben murmured.

Daniel said quietly," So am I. My condolences. I know it won't help but I know what you are going through. Before I met Ben I also lost my partner. "

Reginald looked at them holding each other tightly. It was like they were the only people in the crowded loud club. " How long before you met Mr. ......Ben ? "

" Not long ago. It's been a couple years since I lost Eric though. "

" So it gets easier? "

A mild interest was sparked in Ben as he watched Reginald's gaze turn back to Henry who was still performing his heart out. Henry was now belting out Chain of Fools.

" No , " Daniel said rather hoarsely. He pressed a gentle kiss atop Ben's head. Ben closed his eyes in ecstacy. " Some days are harder than most. Even now. But it gets better. I promise you it does. "