Chapter Sixteen

After the texts from Henry Ben could not sleep. So in the comfort of his very lonely bed he started to Google on his phone. He found that Henry was right about everything. Especially the dead boyfriend who from his pictures was as gorgeous as Daniel. Eric had been tall and slim with long wavy golden blond hair and intelligent blue eyes. He looked like a model. Confident. No scars. No cane. Fuck. If that was what attracted Daniel Ben was out of luck , he thought unhappily. He was crazy to get his hopes up. Daniel was just slumming in town. He would be here until he got bored and then move on again. Back to his exciting life. Back to men like Eric. And where would that leave Ben ? Alone as usual. He tossed down the phone and sank back under his blanket. All of a sudden he felt so old. Right before he fell asleep his phone beeped once with an incoming text. Probably just Henry with some dirty pictures. Or maybe that Dancing Theo video they loved so much. But it was not either to his amazement. It was a text from the man next door, saying simply," Lock the door. Bar your bedroom door. Keep your phone nearby. I'll be over at eight. Sleep well. "

Ben smiled slightly as he typed out a response. " I did. Alright. I'll make coffee in morning. "

As he sent it his heart rejoiced as his head screamed he was making a big mistake.