Chapter Twenty Four

Ben sighed. " I don't know. I can't think of anything out of my usual ordinary. That's what I am. I'm ordinary. Boring. Invisible. You'll find that out soon enough, Daniel. "

Daniel didn't say a word. Just hugged him wordlessly. Ben leaned into the embrace and drew comfort from it.

Henry wrinkled his brow as he also thought hard on the topic. Then his eyes sharpened. He retorted ," There is something! Ben ! That company that keeps harassing you. The one that wants to buy the bookstore. You said they were getting pushier. "

Daniel raised his eyebrows questioningly. " What company? Someone wants to buy the bookstore? "

Ben felt tired. He looked from one to the other and said," Yes. The Jordan Woolbury. He owns pretty much everything in the planet including the PlentyBooks chain. You know? Where you can buy a book and a latte in the same building. Disgusting. What if you spill coffee on the books? It's so disrespectful. But he is a businessman so why should he care? I don't think he is trying to kill me. "

" You never know," Daniel mused. " Early in my career I covered a story. A little old lady that looked so sweet and so innocent. Nobody could believe she poisoned her whole family with arsenic laced brownies. Gives new meaning to don't judge a book by it's cover. The Gazette will be doing some checking on this businessman. And what we learn will be passed along to the sheriff. "