Chapter 5. RAISING

TEMPLE OF THE DRAGONS YARD 

NEXT MORNING...

The massive gates of the temple walls are open, waiting for Avernath and his men, ready to leave on their horses. Near them, Orgath and Zairos clasp hands, crossing them at their chest level.

Orgath: "Your revenge must wait until we grow older. Become the best of the Dragons, and then I promise you, Axengard's army will march at your side against Darkhforst and Night Eye... Against the Prophecy and the Immortal."

Zairos nods.

Zairos: "I'll wait. Brothers in blood..."

Orgath: "Now and forever!"

Orgath taps him on his shoulder.

Orgath: "But the girl is mine. I saw her first!"

Zairos' body and face contort in embarrassment when a girl's voice, coming from behind, hits his ears.

Minara: "What are you boys talking about?"

TEMPLE OF THE DRAGONS TRAINING FIELD

The sunset casts an orange hue across the practice area and its sandy ground, a space surrounded by grass, benches, and wooden training dummies.

MOON HAWK – around 30 years old, black, athletic, hair shaved to form a hawk's beak pointing to his forehead – swings his war hammer in a sparring attack against KAIJIN. The younger warrior's long ponytail also swings as he deviates from his companion's blow. His Sunphire almond eyes squeeze as the Forest People's fighter blocks his double short swords' counter-attack.

Little Bear, at this time a very large boy for his 13 years of age with dark skin and a bald head, has his tongue slipping out his mouth in a funny and childish grimace. He holds Jygar's forearms as he struggles, trying to push his master in a strength exercise. He complains in a way that makes him sound like he is much younger.

Little Bear: "Damn! You're stronger than a bear."

Moon Hawk smirks at Little Bear.

Moon Hawk: "I thought you were more willing, kid."

Kaijin: "It isn't a matter of strength, Little Bear."

Still smirking, Moon Hawk jumps and extends his arm to get Kaijin's back in a chokehold.

Moon Hawk: "But of... surprise?"

Jygar turns his head towards them with a smile as Kaijin pulls his friend's wrist with both hands and bends, making Moon Hawk's body spin over his head.

Kaijin: "Yes! And of avoiding direct confrontation against someone bigger and stronger!"

With a funny smile, Little Bear takes advantage of Jygar being distracted by his companions' fight play.

As Moon Hawk crashes against the ground, Little Bear throws his body back and kneels on one of his own legs with a strong tug that throws his master to the ground.

Little Bear: "I got you. Hahahaha."

Jygar stands up with a proud smile and leans his hands on the boy's shoulders.

Jygar: "Very good! And speaking of bigger and stronger, I think that tomorrow another boy will have to worry about that."

Eyebrows raised, Little Bear parts his smile by opening his mouth.

Little Bear: "Swear? Another boy? And smaller than me?"

Jygar: "I hope so."

Little Bear opens his arms in celebration gazing at the sky as if thanking the gods.