Chapter 2 - The Plan

Charlie POV

I couldn't just sit back and meekly take this. I had a duty to my wolf and myself to survive it. "Lana?" I addressed my wolf. "Are you okay?" She just curled up tighter and continued to sob. "We will get through this!" I promised. I went to the closet and put on my workout gear. A pair of leggings and a sports bra. I head out of the apartment and into the basement gym. Even though it is early in the morning, the gym is pretty empty. I spend the next hour going through my routine, using the bag, lifting weights, etc. After that, I spar with a few of the pack members.

"If you're reading this on teenfic site or similar ones, you're reading on a mirror site. To read this (and other stories) by the actual author for free, go to Wattpad/Mellie_readsnwrites."

COPYRIGHT © 2024 by Mellie_readsnwrites

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form by any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author.

Due to my strict regimen, I have abs and a butt you can bounce a quarter off. Lot of good that did me, my partner still strayed. Just goes to show you that it isn't my fault. It never is the cheated on partner's fault. It is a character flaw in the cheater.

After my workout, I go up to the kitchen. As expected, Mary, the kitchen guru has a smoothie, wheatgrass shot and a healthy snack for later packed up for me. What I didn't expect to see was the skank holding court. At a nearby table, she was having her second breakfast surrounded by everyone that was in the meeting earlier, including my husband who continued to offer her bits of food. Pack members were gathered around chatting and laughing. A few even rubbed her stomach. It was nauseating. She caught me looking and smirked. Meanwhile, pack members avoided looking at me, with their heads tilted down in a show of respect. Having my fill, I gulped down my smoothie, slung back the shot, picked up my snack bag and left after thanking Mary.

After showering and changing, I got to my office. Lou's eyes were averted. "Lou, it appears I can't find my office key and Alpha is otherwise occupied. Can you get someone up here to open my office and change out the lock for me?"

"Oh sure Luna." Lou smiled at me and immediately called maintenance. Within minutes my door was open. Sitting down at my desk, maintenance proceeded to change the door lock. The way the offices are located, Jenson's office is directly across from mine with Lou's desk between. Through the open doorway, I watched as Jenson ushered skank into his office and closed the door behind them.

"That should do it Luna." The maintenance guy closed the door, trying the lock. Handing me the keys, I thanked him. He walked out the door, leaving it open.

Within minutes, Jenson came out of his office and headed into mine. "Hello, Love." He whispered sexily, reaching out to pull me against him. Closing the door with his foot, he trailed his lips on my neck.

I pushed him back, "Jenson! What are you doing?" My stomach roiled.

"Nothing we haven't ever done before right here on this desk." He grinned, wagging his eyebrows.

"Maybe." I said, "But you never had a baby momma tailing you before." I pointed behind him at the door.

Right at that moment, the banging started. "Jenson!" skank whined through the door. "I'm cold. Come adjust the thermostat for me."

He sighed and dropped his head. I just smirked. No more play time with this girl, daddy! Defeated, he opens the door and heads back to his office. Skank trotting right behind.

Well, bullet dodged! If he thinks he is getting back into these panties, he is sadly mistaken! Slamming the door, I sit down at my desk to make plans.

My work load just tripled. I am the pack security specialist. It is my job to ensure we are all safe from cyber attacks. Security, cameras, intel, hacking and anything related all falls under my expertise.