Chapter 31 - Second Chance Mate

Alpha Blake

Hanging around in Stone Mountain has been the hardest thing I have done so far. I had to wait for Tracy Vincent to deliver her pup and then I gave her a couple of days to heal. And, even though she doesn't deserve mercy because of her and Jenson's actions, they dosed us both up with Amra and I rejected our mate bond.

I, Alpha Blake Collins, reject you, Tracy Marie Vincent, as my mate and my Luna."

The jolt of pain that hit me was horrifying and I can only imagine what it was like before we had modern medicines. It is not a wonder that shifters actually died from rejection. I can't imagine someone being so cruel.

Tracy's pup is being cared for by her sister, who came down to be with her during the birth. I don't know what Tracy's future will be, but I left her in custody at headquarters.

My team and I are on our way back to the pack. My team includes a new member, Reggie Marks; I picked up from Apha Jenson's pack when I took Tracy Vincent in custody. I know all about him from Charlie and the conversation I had with Jenson. He is a good, loyal male with a lot of Alpha power. I have already given him the position of Lead Enforcer Second, however, the position he is vying for is to become Charlie's new mate. That's between them, but with everything she's been through, I'm glad he is coming to support her.

The entire situation with Charlie really angers me. I had to sit and talk to Jenson like I didn't know what he had done to Charlie; and then later through that meeting with Jenson and the other Alphas. Technically, Tracy did interfere with Jenson's mate bond, but he was a willing participant, if what Charlie's PI dug up is fact. She said he had photos and witnesses. According to the PI's investigation, it is pretty common knowledge, locally and in Tracy's old pack. So, Alpha Simpkins has to know as well.

Other than this bull he pulled here lately, I have always liked Jenson. I don't know how all of this is going to play out, but Jenson is guilty of perjury by swearing out false warrants against Tracy Vincent. I might just give him a call when I get back and encourage him to come clean. Or, I may just keep my nose out of his business and let him sink or swim under his own conscience.

I glance over to Reggie, who is driving the SUV. his fingers drumming anxiously on the steering wheel. "Are you eager to get to the pack house?"

"Yeah." He grins, seemingly to himself.

We are alone in this vehicle, while the others are in the second one behind us. "Charlie confided in me last week when she was in the hospital."

"She did? What did she say?"  He glances over at me.

"She told me everything between her and Jenson."

He nods.

"She told me about asking you to come here as a support." I continue. "You want to be more than support, don't you."

He glances at me and sighs. "I have loved Charlie forever. I prayed to the goddess every day that she would be my mate. When we turned 18, it turned out she was Jenson's mate. I can't believe he would cheat on her with other females like he has done. Especially not Tracy Vincent...no offense, but Charlie is so unique and full of life. Well, she used to be full of life, now, not so much. But she's strong and beautiful."

"I guess you are in love, Reggie." I laugh. "I will admit, it would not hurt my feelings if she turned out to be my second chance mate." Even though what I spoke was my truth, I did love to kick the males when they were down.

Reggie eyed me warily.

"Well, you haven't seen her since she sliced off her mate bond and rejected Jenson." Reggie cringed. "And, I've not seen her since I rejected my mate this morning. I'd say we both have good odds that one of us may be lucky enough or blessed enough for that to be a possibility. What say we both visit Charlie when we get back and see if there are any sparks?"

He nodded again in agreement. "I'd say I'll fight you for her if the goddess chooses you, but as bad as the thought hurts, I just want her happy. So, may the best male win?"

"To Charlie's happiness." I boast. "And may the best wolf win." I roar with laughter as Reggie side eyes me.

"If you're reading this on teenfic site or similar ones, you're reading on a mirror site. To read this (and other stories) by the actual author for free, go to Wattpad/Mellie_readsnwrites."

COPYRIGHT © 2024 by Mellie_readsnwrites

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form by any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author.

Charlie

I am on pins and needles anticipating Reggie's arrival. I know that Jenson was supposed to be my soul mate, but there had always been this part of me that crushed on Reggie. He was adorable when he was younger. He had always been respectful and good to me over the years. And, when skank showed up, Reggie had sought me out. Granted, he did kind of declare his intentions that he wanted a relationship with me if Jenson and I had opened our marriage. But I feel genuine intentions from him. Something I have not felt from Jenson in several months.

I would have done everything I could have to make Jenson happy in our marriage, short of opening it up to others. I wish he had just talked through things with me. Perhaps we could have seen a counselor who could have helped us work through the little things. But maybe he didn't love me anymore; maybe he was seeking more. The passion was still there between us and it had never slowed down. That, in part, was one of the things that had me so secure. Who'd have thought he had the time or energy to be with other females. I shake my head to clear it. No sense letting myself go down that rabbit hole. It is too late for Jenson and I. Time to look to the future and the real connection I feel with Reggie.

I sit down on my couch. After I got out of the hospital, Alpha Blake gave me a suite in the pack house. He said he wanted me to be accommodated as a Luna, because that was my due. He could have just given me a bed and bath and I would have been happy. But he set me up in a guest suite with a kitchenette, living room, bedroom and ensuite.   Alpha Blakehas a room set up for Reggie, too. I received my pup's birth and deathcertificate in the mail today. And while my body has healed, my heart maynever. It is causing me to relive thatharrowing night. Therefore, I intend to ask Reggie to stay in the roomwith me tonight, platonically. I hope he will.

I hear the sound of vehicles coming up the driveway. After looking out at the parking lot, I see from a distance, Alpha Blake and Reggie get out of one of the SUVs that pulled up. It seems like forever since I have seen Reggie; and Alpha Blake was such a comfort that night I lost my pup. I am happy to see them both. I smile down at them, but I don't know if they can see me.

I sit down on my couch. I don't need to act like a lovesick school girl. I need to play this cool; I scold myself. My heart is racing. I wonder if they will seek me out. Or, they may be so tired that Alpha Blake will just show Reggie to his room and then go off to the Alpha Suite himself. It is getting late and they probably have already eaten. Thoughts continue to flit wildly through my mind.

Then I hear it. Boots clomping rapidly up the steps. They stop outside my door. After a moment's hesitation, I hear a knock. "Come in." I call as the door slams open. There before me are two of the most beautiful males I have ever seen. It only takes a few seconds to drink them both in. They are around the same height, with Reggie just a bit taller. Reggie is a dream dressed in his black tactical uniform, with his dark wavy hair cascading over his wide shoulders. His crystal blue eyes crinkle as he smiles at me and winks. My gaze travels over his lean hips and thick thighs; At the same time, I take in the fantasy that is Alpha Blake dressed in a $exy suit, with his chestnut brown waves hanging slightly in his sea green eyes. He is broader and boxier than Reggie, but they both stand there in all their masculine glory.

Lana jumps straight up to her paws and presses forward against me. I'm not sure what has caught her interest, but her sudden movement has me on my feet and barreling toward these delicious males.  I jump and land in Reggie'sarms with my legs wrapped around his waist and my hands tangled in his hair, as Lana shouts, "mate"!

I hear Reggie exclaim, "Mate!" as he laughs and twirls me around the room.

A sulking Alpha Blake just growls, leaving and closing the door behind him.