Chapter 27 - Goodbye

Charlie

I am the pack security specialist as well as the Luna. It is my job to ensure we are all safe from cyber attacks. Internet, laptops, security, cameras, intel, hacking and anything related, all fall under my expertise. Utilizing this, I am able to monitor the status of Tracy Vincent. Prior to Jenson being incapacitated, he had issued statements and the warrants for Ms. Vincent's arrest. She is currently in pack jail, sobbing her eyes out. I want to feel bad about this, but sorry, not sorry; I had to call Jenson's bluff. She deserves it for poaching a married man and he deserves what he has coming.

Rather than risk being actually caught cheating, Jenson committed perjury by swearing out a false statements and warrants. I wonder what else he has done illegally. He is just digging himself deeper and deeper.

Since I need to go see how serious Jenson's injuries are, I decide to go down to med bay. When I get there, it is busy with various shifters racing back and forth. I finally find the hub of all the activity; it is the Alpha's presence in one of the procedure rooms. Dr. Shannon is attempting to address his injuries, while a couple of burly males are trying to hold him down. He is on his back, folded up, with his arms clenched around his knees. Tears stream down his face while a nurse holds a barf bag to his mouth. Geez, he looks bad. 

It was a pretty hot couple of kisses, I fanned myself just thinking about it. I don't know if he is weaker than I or I just don't remember my first CMS episode well, because I had actual wounds when he was having $ex.

I turn my head away for a minute and feel a touch of guilt. I am not a cheater. I am loyal, loving and kind. I feel a small amount of shame. Not because he didn't deserve it, he certainly did. But that's not my character, it's not who I am. I have let him and skank drag me to their level and I am ashamed. Until this mate mark has been removed, no more kissing sexy shifters.

Dr. Bridgit walks up beside me. "This looks suspiciously like a CMS event." She says quietly. The noise of the room is so loud, I knew no one could overhear.

"Um. It sure does." I say noncommittally.

She starts giggling and it becomes infectious to the point that others are starting to notice. We both straighten up our faces, wiping the tears from our eyes. "It's not as bad as it looks." She volunteers. "When they first brought him in, I was able to take a quick look at his stomach. There is one small superficial lesion that she needs to seal up with dermabond surgical glue. But that's pretty much the worst of it."

"In case you're wondering, I didn't cheat.  I just wanted him to see what it feels like. I didn't have $ex, it was just a couple of sizzling hot kisses." I touch my mouth dreamily reliving it. Dr. Bridgit grins, noticing my gesture. "Just a little revenge. But, don't worry, I checked to make sure he is unmated before I kissed him."

"No judgment here, girlie, and I am not asking who." Dr. Bridgit promises as she walks into the room. "Dr. Shannon, prepare an injection to ease his nausea and sedate him. I am going to perform some tests to see what's causing this and to see what is in his system from that tea." She turns to me. "I am going to need you to sign some permission forms for the tests. I don't think he is in any condition to sign."

A nurse approaches Dr. Bridgit with a clipboard in her hand. Dr. Bridgit rattles off the tests she plans to perform. The nurse scribbles on the form and hands the clipboard and pen over to me. I glance at it, knowing Dr. Bridgit won't do anything to harm Jenson, I sign the document and return it to the nurse.

While we took care of the paperwork, another nurse prepared and administered the injection. She is just finishing up as Jenson starts to relax. His vomiting has ceased and his legs are slowly stretching out on the table.  His head lolls to the side, his mouth drooping open.