Chapter 26 - Demands

Charlie

I wasn't going to sit back and play meek little mate.  That's never been my style.   I have seen the future, maybe not my future anymore, but I know what is going on here because I have done my due diligence. I have a duty to my wolf and myself to not only survive this, but thrive.  Maybe I have been put in this unique position to create change.

I go to my desk and take the pamphlet regarding CMS and head down to the clinic. I wave at the nurse on duty at the front desk. "Hey Phyllis, I need to see one of the docs. Which one is not busy?

Dr. Bridgit sticks her head out of the room behind the nurses station. "Hi Luna. I thought that was your voice I heard. You need to see me?"

"Yes. Can we go to an examination room?"

"Sure. Head to number 9, down the hall; I'll grab my laptop and meet you there."

I enter the room and sit in one of the chairs. I don't think there is any need for an exam, I just need to have a private conversation. Fortunately, all walls in the clinic and other areas of the pack house are sound proofed to avoid anyone overhearing conversations. Wolves have superior hearing, along with other enhanced attributes.

Dr. Bridgit enters rolling in her laptop table. "How can I help you, Luna?"

I hand her the pamphlet about Cheating Mate Syndrome. Her skin pales and she looks at me warily. "I don't know any other way to say this but to just be direct." I blurt.

"Please do." Dr. Bridgit nods.

"I had a warning vision last night. I don't know where exactly it is leading me, so I am searching for answers. Do you know about Cheating Mate Syndrome.?"

"Yes. We received some preliminary information about it almost a year ago." She hesitates as though she wants to say something else.

After waiting a moment and seeing she wasn't going to continue, I did. "Are you treating anyone currently for CMS?"

Dr. Bridgit drops her gaze to the floor. "Yes."

It appears I am going to have to pry the information from her. "Who?"

"You."

"What?" I stutter. "Explain?"

"You started showing signs of the condition about three months ago when Alpha went to that conference. It was still new to us, but Dr. Shannon and I both recognized it early on. We consulted with Dr. Amaris and Dr. Skye and I made the executive decision to treat you without your knowledge." She admits. "I began administering the drug Amra to you at that time. It is the vitamin you take every evening."

Then it all clicks into place. I remember in my vision the drug I had been given to ease my Rejected Mate Syndrome symptoms. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Luna, I didn't know where it would lead. At first, I thought maybe I was wrong, or he had made a mistake. So, I just stitched you up and treated the symptoms." She sighs. "Then you continued to experience sporadic symptoms after he returned. There are rumors...so, I increased your dosage. I am a professional, Luna, but Alpha can take this all away from me. I am under his control...we all are." She wipes the moisture from her cheeks. "If he would do this to you, what protection from him do I have?  Besides, I didn't want to hurt you, Charlie. You don't deserve this."

"I believe it is inevitable. If what you say is true, and what I believe is fact, Tracy Vincent is Jenson's mistress. Therefore, we know what they are playing at." Dr. Bridgit nods at my statement. "So, Bridg, thanks for protecting me and helping me. Now, this is all strictly confidential and between us only. Mention nothing to Jenson because things are about to change here; and I don't think it will be for the better."