Chapter 23 - Deja Vu

Alpha Jenson Black

The Day Tracy Vincent Arrived

Early Morning

Devastation Day 1

I enter my office and realize that nothing would ever be the same, as I see a pregnant Tracy Vincent sitting in one of the office chairs, next to a tired-looking Beta Ben. I know I am screwed.

"Hey, Ben, why don't you head down to the kitchen and get us some iced water to wake us all up.  While you're gone, I'll get a statement from..." I look at her questioningly.

"Tracy Vincent." She supplies haughtily. "You should–"

"Ms. Vincent." I cut her off before she tells me I should know her name. Because I do know her name., but I don't want Ben to know that I know  her name.  I met her at the Alpha's conference three months ago and had a brief affair with her. I didn't expect to see her again, but sneaking around with her was addicting, so I have kept it up with other she-wolves or human women since then. Going off pack lands to bars or hotels has become a favorite past-time for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love Charlie. She is my person and I would be lost without her. However, the pressure of siring an heir that has been placed on me so young and Charlie's inability to produce one has really gotten under my skin. It's her fault that we don't have pups and sleeping with other females makes me feel better. With Charlie, I feel emasculated, like a failure. With others, I feel powerful and virile.

Ben leaves the room.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hiss so no one else can hear me. "I told you what we had is over and done. I am a mated male and no one will come before my Luna."

"If you would answer the phone, I wouldn't have had to come all the way here to let you know I am having your pup!"

"What are you talking about?" I snap. "We used protection."

"Well, even protection doesn't always work." She waves at her stomach. "As you can see."

"I sense no bonds with your pup.  Matter of fact, I can't even sense your pup."

"Didn't you tell me your wolf rebelled when we became intimate. He probably refuses to acknowledge him because I'm not your mate."  She mocks.

"Him?" I whisper. "It's a boy."

"Yes." She smiles evilly. "I'm going to name him Jenson Black, II, I am due in a couple of months."

I lean back in my chair and swipe my fingers through my hair. Sighing, I spit. "Follow my lead and go along with everything I say. If you do, and if the pup is mine, I will allow you to move into the pack house across the hall from the Alpha Suite. I will care for both of you and ensure the child's education and advancement to Alpha. He will become my heir." I spit out. "But only if you play along completely. I will never leave my Luna and you will never be Luna. Do you understand?

Her lips form a stubborn line while her eyes narrow. "Fine."

"You'll want for nothing if you behave yourself." I assert. "You will be my secret live-in mistress. Agreed?"

"Agreed." She fumed.

She knew it was a good offer for her, a pregnant she-wolf with no mate. She would have anything she wanted, including me. I felt really good about my new situationship. I nod. "Good. So, behave."

"If you're reading this on teenfic site or similar ones, you're reading on a mirror site. To read this (and other stories) by the actual author for free, go to Wattpad/Mellie_readsnwrites."