Chapter 9

ROSIES POV
I walked back out of Charlie's room. She seemed like she was okay now that we were home, but I was just making sure.
We come home right after what had happened to an empty house. 
Alastor had told me he would be here! but was he? No. 
Boys I tell you.
After eating dinner, I had put the poor girl to bed. 
She needed more sleep after all.
I was deep in thought when the door flung open with a crash. 
I sighed and scowled. "Susan! I swear if you are here to complain ONE MORE TIME THIS WEEK!"
I rounded the corner and found my husband franticly looking around the room. 
   "Alastor-" He cut me off. 
  "Where's Charlie?" 
  "We just got back from-"
I stopped when I turned on the light and got a look at him.
I put a hand over my mouth. "Oh my heavens..." 
Rushing up to him I demanded, "WHAT HAPPENED?! YOU LOOK-" I had to stop as tears came to my eyes. 
  "you look... horrible."
He did in fact look awful, looking like he had been strangled, punted out a window and then stabbed a million times over. he looked in pain. 
Alastor took my hands in his. "I don't matter right now, where is Charlie?" He asked this like his life depended on it.
  "Sh-she's in her room." I stuttered.
Alastor let go of my hands and sighed with relief, leaning against the wall.
I looked at my wet feeling hands, finding that they were covered in blood. 
I was worried. 
  "Um Alastor dear, maybe we should get you cleaned up." 
When he nodded but didn't move I pulled him off the wall and threw one of his arm over my shoulder.
  "Come on." I said.
  "I am fine, you don't need t to worry..." With that he passed out and all his weight was put on me.
I had to do the horse stance to keep from dumping us both on the floor.
   "Oh come on!" I muttered. 

                                                                ~

I awoke to a prick of pain.
My eyes flew open and I found Rosie above me with a pair of tweezers. 
Seeming to notice me she said, "Oh! sorry for waking you." She looked at the tweezers. "Huh, guess that one hurt more." she muttered to herself. 
I winced. "What hurt more?" 
Rosie looked back me. "Oh I have been removing the tiny pieces of glass from your face for the past hour, that was the last piece."
Rosie scooted over and I sat up.
  "Well I better be going." I said as I swung my legs over the side of the bed.
But the moment my head went horizontal my vision blurred and I had to plant my hands on the mattress to keep from falling. 
Rosie leaned off the mattress to look at my eyes. "Al... who did this?" 
When I didn't answer she sighed and folded my hands in hers. "You have come home all beaten up two times now, what's going on?"
I looked at the floor. "It doesn't matter."
Rosie lightly grabbed my chin, making me look at her.  "How many time's do I have to tell you that, now listen closely, 'you matter to me.'" 
I shook out out of her grasp and stood up. "Maybe so, but it really doesn't matter." 
My wife sighed. "Al, just tell me!" 
  "No." 
  "Why?" 
I crossed my arms. "It really is not irrelevant." 
  "Just tell me who it was." 
I looked away. "Lilith." 
Rosie tilted her head towards me. "What? You can't mumbl-" 
I turned slightly demonic.
  "FINE! IT WAS LILITH!" I screamed throwing a flower vase at the wall behind her. 
I was not proud to smile as I watched my own wife look at me with fear in her eyes as she seeming to shrink.
 When I realized what I had done, I  immediately regretted it.
I took a step forwards. "Rosie, I'm sorry-" 
I stopped when she shrank further in the opposite direction. 
I turned around facing the window so I would not have to look at my dearest Rosie look at me in fear. "Rosie I-"
I looked at my hands. "It was Lilith, she told me that I had failed to protect Charlie, I-I just feel so powerless! I am on this leash every day, and she NEVER lets me forget it!"
I slammed my fist into the wall. "Every day I have to pretend like nothing has ever happened! Because everyone knows that I am just the care free serial Killer! If I was anything else everyone would start to question my power and authority! And all this pain just because of one, ONE deal I made a century's ago." 
I stopped and grabbed my head in my hands leaning heavily on the window sill.
All this pain from one mistake I made. 
Smiling all the time was hard sometimes, 
but now? 
It was dang near impossible. 
I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt my damp sleeves. 
No! Why was I crying? I had never cried once in my entire life or death. 
I looked at my hands wet with tears and trembled. 
I really was broken.  
Stumbling to the wall, I slid to the ground. 
The next thing I knew,  Rosie was wrapping me in a hug, she was crying too. 
  "I'm sorry."  was all she said, but it was enough. 
I was silent but let the tears fall letting Rosie wrap me in her warmth.
Again through all this, I smiled. But this time, Rosie noticed. 
She intentionally put her arm over my mouth and squeezed me a little. "Shhhh, it's okay you don't have to smile right now." 
I clung to her and nodded, squeezing my eyes shut. 

After a while the tears stopped pouring and I just sat there next to Rosie, who was calmingly stroking my ears. 
I closed my eyes and leaned on her, feeling the warmth of her body on mine. 
  "Hey Al?" she asked. 
I opened my eyes. "Hmm?" 
  "I just want you to know, that I'm here if-if you ever need someone to talk to." 
I sat up and straightened my coat like a gentleman, trying to prepare myself for what I was about to do. "And you Rosie my dear, are the best person to talk to." 
She looked away. "Really?" 
I grabbed her by the chin and smiled. "Absolutely." 
And I kissed who I thought was the love of my life.
It was an entirely new sensation to me, noting that I had only given my wife cheek kisses before. I let go and pulled away, looking at Rosie who eyes were the size of moons.
I turned only slightly red. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't hav-"
Rosie cut me off by grabbing me by the jacket and yanking me back to her. "What the hell are you apologizing for?"
I will not lie, being on this side of Rosie was exhilarating and kind of scary at the same time.
     "According to you my darling, I have nothing to apologize for" I said with a small chuckle. Rosie nodded. "Yeah sooo, can I kiss you again?"
I smiled. "Absolutely darling."
And she did.
She really was the best person to "talk" to.

RadioRose fluff!
Ngl, I like writing fluff... That was probably obvious. 
BUT! Please tell me if I am doing something right! 
And ummmm, please vote? 
(Also, Dramatic writer? Not dramatic writer?)