Chapter 20

ROSIES POV
Three Months later...
I had locked myself in our room for days now. 
I didn't go to work. 
I didn't go to to the hotel. 
I didn't talk to another soul for weeks. 
After a while, I had decided to reconnect myself to socity, but I wasn't the same. 
I wore every color except red and black. 
I didn't laugh anymore, and I had closed my emporiom 
It seemed hopeless to even dream of happiness. 
Alastor had been my life, my love, my dreams, my everything. 
Without those, without him, I was.... nothing. 
I slowly pulled myself off the emporiom floor and grabbed the last of the things that belonged to me. 
Slowly I trudged to the door and took one last look at it all, before I closed the door. 
I was locking the door when someone tapped my shoulder. 
 Sighing, I closed my eyes. "Susan, I. Can. Not. Deal. With. You. Today." 
  "Dear? Who is Susan?" 
My eyes flew open and I stopped breathing. "W-what?" 
The voice came again. "I asked who Susan was, you said you could not deal with her today." 
I trembled as I slowly turned around to find... Alastor. 
The Alastor, Radio Demon standing in front of me, hands folded behind his back, microphone in hand. 
His ears were tall and fluffy, his posture was the same, his blood red eyes looked at me in question, and I didn't know what to say. 
  "Y-y-your- Alive?" I stuttered. 
A playful smile adorned his face. "Alive? No no no, I died. Quite painfully at that, but I am in need of some assistance." 
One tear slipped down my face. "You... you don't remember... do you?" 
His smile became less genuine as he glanced back and forth. "My dear, no need to cry. Remember what?" 
I pressed my lips together and looked to the ground. "N-nothing, I'm just thinking. Sorry I am just blabbering." 
Alastor tilted his head and grabbed my arm, wrapping it around his and started walking. "Well my dear! No need to be sad, come now, what is your name?" 
I let myself be dragged along while trying to control my emotions. "R-Rosie-..." I was about to say Altruist... that is what it had been for so long... but I couldn't tell him that. "Clifton, Rosie Clifton."
He flashed me a smile. "Alastor Altruist, pleasure to be meeting you! Now, I just so happen to be looking for the runner of this fine city, might you be able to help me?" 
A faint smirk ghosted over my face. "You are looking at her." 
Alastor smiled brightly, his eyes widening. "Beautiful! You run this whole place?" 
I nodded. "It's exhausting to keep them all in line, but I keep them Cannibals in line." 
It amazed me to see this Alastor in comparison to the expirianced and old one. 
He nodded and we kept walking. "I just so happen to be in quite the predicament, it needs someone like you to help me..." 
And we talked for the rest of the day. 
Sure, did I want kiss him senseless? Yes. 
Did I want to tackle him to the ground and hug him? Yes. 
Did I want to punch him as hard as I could in the gut for leaving me? Also... yes. 
But... I couldn't do any of those things. 
He thought we had just met, I couldn't rush anything, or I could ruin everything. 
So I sucked it up, and hoped like hell that Emily could talk Sera into getting me something that would make him remember. 
I would make Alastor Altruist remember me, remember Rosie Altruist.