Chapter 16

CHARLIES POV
To say the least, Emily and I were getting along amazingly. 
Despite the fact that all of heaven was getting ready to attack hell. 
After my Dad and Vaggie had met with Sera, She got mad, she wouldn't even listen to a word either of them said. 
She wanted all of hell to be attacked and put under control, she wanted my little operation gone.
And when Emily had gotten in the way... she fell. 
  "Are my Dad and Vaggie okay?" I asked.
Emily shifted uncomfortably. "Uh... well I don't really know, I was... was cast out before I could find out." 
I tucked my legs to my chest. "C-could they be... dead?" 
Emily's eyes went wide. "NO! N-no not- I don't think- S-Sera wouldn't do that..."  
She looked away. "At least I don't think so..." 
I tried to shove all my doubt and fear into my stomach, away from my thinking head. 
I smiled a very fake smile. "Um, y-yeah she wouldn't do that." 
Emily sighed and looked around the room. "Soooo, this is definately not your hotel..." 
I laughed. "Yeah no, this is Alastor's house, apparently he was put in charge of watching me while my Dad was gone." 
Emily cocked her head. "What's up with him anyway? He's... kind of an enigma wrapped in a question, inside of a anomaly."
Laughing again, I nodded. "Yeah, Al's kind of weird, but we love him." 
Emily looked at the wall. "I really ticked him off... I didn't mean to, it just sort of happened."  
I nodded. "He'll be fine, you just hit a sensitive nerve." 
Emily frowned and rubbed her arm. "Sorry." 
She stretched out her legs. "Sooo, anything about him I need to know?"  
I tilted my head.  "Well, this is his house, as you can see, old fashioned. Um Rosie is his wife, don't be bothered by her cannibal nature, she's totally fine, I love her a lot, ah.... don't annoy him again if you can avoid it." I tapped my chin. "Oh and always say yes to any food he makes, never say no, you will regret it." 
Emily winced. "He gets mad...?" 
I laughed. "Nope! You don't refuse because you will regret it later, when that smell hits your nose, you will wish you said yes." 
Emily joined in on my laughing. "I didn't know that." 
She leaned in. "Okay, one last question." 
I crossed my legs. "Yes?" 
Emily turned slightly red. "Are his ears as fluffy as they look?" 
I fell on the ground cackling. 
The ex seraphim's face went even more red. "NO! Really! I have a massive urge to touch them! And rub them! I don't know why, I just do!"  
I wiped tears out of my eyes. "Ahhh, no I get where your coming from, I guess the only one who knows is Rosie, so you'll have to ask her some time, be careful though, she gets kind of secretive sometimes and touchy about that sort of thing." 
Emily nodded. "Yeah..." 
I hopped to my feet. "Shall we go downstairs and find said deer ears?" 
The angel shrugged, jumping off the bed. "Sure!" 
We walked down the stairs, but when I heard both Rosie and Alastor's voices, I held an arm out in front of Emily. 
Upon hearing the serious tone in their voices, I turned to Emily. "Hey, I just thought of something, you need to go out back and look at the sunset, it's absolutely beautiful." 
Emily gave me a look but didn't question me. 
She just smiled and walked out the back door. 
Without her in the way, I creeped closer to the kitchen door. 
I heard a bang, like someone was hitting their head on the oven door. 
I peeked in and found Alastor and Rosie sitting on the floor, Al having been the one to hit the door. 
   "What? What am I supposed to do?!" he growled. 
Rosie scooched closer. "Darling, I could help you..." 
Alastor threw his hands in the air. "With what? You can't get involved! If you do, you'd just be putting yourself in even more danger than right now!" 
He dropped his head into his hands. "It is dangerous to even be standing next to me, not to mention being whole fucking married." he shook his head. "Y-you shouldn't even be here darling." 
Rosie reached up and pinched his ear. "Don't say that! I am here and you can't do anything about it!" She grabbed his face and quickly kissed him. "Don't even think that, I love you and your not getting out of being here, okay? Your stuck with me," she held up her wedding ring. "Forever."  
Alastor smiled sadly and grabbed her chin kissing her. 
He pulled back and leaned his forehead on hers. "I needed that, you always know what I need..."
Rosie shrugged with one shoulder. "I've been here long enough to know, but Al, we'll work through this together, okay? Your not by yourself." She pulled him into a hug. 
Alastor closed his eyes and leaned his head on her shoulder. "okay." he whispered.
Rosie closed her eyes too, rubbing small circles on his back. 
  "Hey," he whispered. 
Rosie tilted her head. "Yeah?" 
  "I love you a lot more than I can say." 
Rosie squeezed him tighter. "I love you too."  
I watched in amazement as one small tear rolled down his face. 
  "How am I ever going to get free? How will I ever escape her?" he clenched his eyes tighter. "I am starting to wonder if giving up would be better." 
Rosie's eyes widened and she hugged him harder. "No, no Al no, don't give up, you will get free, you'll escape one day, some day you'll break these chains and you will make it out... one day...." 
A second tear fell. "I'm glad one of us believes."  he whispered. 
I put a hand over my mouth. 
I didn't know this side of Alastor was real. 
I backed away from the door. 
I had just witnessed something I really shouldn't have, and I was kind of guilty for it. 
Emily came through the door. "Charlie that sunset is gold, anyhow where is A-" 
I grabbed her by the arm and started pulling her up the stairs. "Um, he's busy."  
Emily blinked. "Oh, o-okay, I guess we can wait." 
Nodding I said. "Yes, yes we can." 

For the next couple days, Alastor acted kind of weird around me, not sure why, he just did. 
It seemed like he was taking great measures to avoid me, and when I did talk to him, it was always short and quick, not like he used to. 
I shook my head. 
 Alastor was in the middle of really emotional secretive stuff and Emily was now here, Vaggie was gone, and Heaven was getting ready to be at my doorstep with an army of exorcists that at least tripled the army that attacked us three years ago. 
I'd make it through... right?

THIS IS SHORT, I AM SORRY!
Anyway, thanks for even reading this far and please drop a vote and a comment if you like! 
My updates might/will be getting shorter and farther apart, I  am truly sorry, I hope you can forgive me and not loose patience! 
Thanks for coming this far with me!