Chapter 20: Azure Knightfall

Twin pulled the blade out of her chest, struggling to get up. Lorena reverted back to normal, joining Sehki and Candy for a group high five. Calypsa blushed, using Andromeda chains to hold the Regal Void in place, staring up.

"You're not out of the woods yet," licking the bloody substance leaking from her mouth. "But," seeing a flicking arrangement of lights in the sky, hoping this suffering would end soon, "it's cute how far you've gone."

She turned to Ram, enduring the blistering winds from the zone Mace continued to fight, whose strength was reduced from the pain, dismantling the pieces Capel blasted and the window shields with the punches to muster.

Mandrew's scales kept the young male's hands from getting broken by the Astrovoid, and the heirs watched, relieved.

"Lorena was that strong? She's starting to make my spear rise much more."

"But why isn't this guy absorbing their magic," Xia asked.

"Maybe those at a higher level already amass so much, their body tries to stabilize what magic they already have," Ainsley theorized. "But you'd need a lot of power or numbers to handle the amount."

Ram slowly walked through the zone, approaching Twin, who pulled the icicle spear out of her body, coughing up a strange color.

"I lost to a giraffe and baby cub?"

Lorena and Candy kept their wits up. "Internalized misogyny can only get you so far," turning back to help their former teammates and bullies, who the latter tried to patch up, who was surprised to see them helping them, asking nearby fae to get them to safety.

What none of the heirs were expecting was Ram putting their hand inside Twin's mouth, and her chewing and devouring parts of it, healing her wounds. Cluster slid past Cree to cover them from Calypsa's Antlia blast.

"Why rely on mimicking their sentimentality. Twin, we warned you not to be reckless."

"Hey, I've taken out more fae than both of you," panting hard. "Even with their allies falling they're finding strength with one another. Our plan won't work at this rate."

"We need to break his support."

Rigal watched his boys pick each other up. "See Taylor, this is why you needed stronger teammates."

Xia's face melted. "How did they last so long?"

"Minus and Capel used to work in fae security. Some nymphs accused them of messing around on the job for some action, and I took them in my pack while dad dealt with the legal stuff."

Ainsley sighed. We can just get rid of our crimes...wait, why are half of their professors killed while the rest are survivors? And where's Professor Lyncis, texting Bethany their concern. One of them must be collecting data on everyone!

"Stay back and heal," Ram told Twin as them and Cluster raced at the Shadow Brawlers: Calypsa tackled the former.

Cluster flipped over Sehki's claw swings, ducked and matched Cree's staff swings with a blade of light, pushed Candy away after she grinding on the staff to kick him, and blocked Lorena's fist curving around to catch her ally.

The four of them pivoted and pushed Cluster back.

"My my, I wonder which your potential will spike with the other's demise?"

It messed with their mind fast enough for his quicker strikes to gut punch them, going for a second when Cree covered them all.

"Not on my clock," exerting enough force to push each sphere back. "You targeted my crew's, my sister's, my town's lives? Against someone like you," as the air around him grew.

"I can't contain myself!"

"Excellent!"

Cree won the speed to strike first, sending Cluster airborne. The enigmatic adversary curved rays and segments towards his sister he endured, focusing on the tip to redirect the energy back at him.

The force pushed Cluster onto the Phanion Center. The prey of their power charging in their finger left him running side by side on the stairs, regretting spinning from it as the durability from Candy's dress cape wasn't enough to stop the incoming topic.

Watching Sehki and Lorena's efforts to fight back the pressure from knocking him down, Cree's gaze exclusively focused on Cluster's hand movements.

His sharp aim of a cyclone spell got the rays to swarm towards him, adjusting them to hit inside of the Jovetress Transits, constantly getting close to the fence against their solid rays through the bookshelves and hopping from the wreckage to thrust it.

Cluster held it with no struggle, throwing him into the Malefic Marshed. He kicked off a storm of equipment to throw at them as a distraction, drifting back to slam them as Cluster blew them all away.

All lined up for the leader to use both hands, charging up an attack half of as large as the one that forced the fire professor's full force to restrain, now being released as a massive beam.

Cree looked back at them.

"Sehki, Lorena, Calypsa, keep Candy safe."

His sister's voice cracked. "Cree, wait!"

He shook his head. "I'll show you just how far you can go. Survive, so you can surpass me one day!"

Cree spun his staff around before slamming it down, covered in his own downdraft as he channeled Indus energy into his weapon, liberating a massive icicle bear in front of him to block the light.

"Indus Release!"

He charged forward with the blazing azure wind, tackling the gigantic blast even as it overwhelmed him, screaming his lungs out when his aching body powered through it. With a hefty step, he punctured to the left.

Cluster's mask could not contain his shock as the young male encroached in smoke kept going, smashing his staff straight into their arm, halting the staff and forcing a burst of magic imploding the two of them.

"Cree!"

When the smoke cleared, fae and Void alike found Cluster's arm, mangled.

To the tears and anguish of his friends and teammates, Cree stood still, not moving.