Chapter 57: A Scope of Power

As she hung up, Sehki asked Mechion about Mako and the Nuckelherd.

"Suspended for a week thanks to endangerment. We need to make a message that this behavior will not be tolerated on campus. Hinata figured this was the best solution, he's not escaping our grasp."

"And the Nuckelherd?"

"According to Candy, one of them was the cause of the invasion. It's possible someone managed to distribute enough Void energy throughout every feather and hair follicle in it."

"They're all recovering," she added on, "but we'll keep them around for now and treat this as a playground fight. The more information we can get from them, the better."

"But the Rising Twelve's weapons feed off their own negative energy to enhance themselves. Their Evolutions are like DeVoids but they're in much better control than usual. But the girl with the Switch was losing control of herself like most Voids do: what's the difference?"

"It's possible there's a technological and magic reason behind it."

Cree winced. "I guess it's best if I take Akilah's agreement. " Wali tapped his shoulders.

"I'll go with you, my presence may also pressure them to engage more. Candy, I'll talk to you about something."

"Lorena, dig up anything you can find about the Switches."

"On it."

"What do I do?"

They all turned to Sehki, annoyed. Lorena feigned a punch to his torso, and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Rest." leaving when Candy joined her for her search.

"Still feeling down about the fight?" Her nod made the redhead pull out her phone to show their reactions to their battle, scrolling down to find certain comments.

I wish I could fight with my brother like that.

She took the hit so her brother could beat the Equuleus girl!

"I added some people onto our page from the Fight Club Tournaments."

"Wow. B-but, I'm still the weakest Shadow Brawlers."

"Funny, I'm the one who fell down first," getting a call. "Calypsa?"

"Hello ladies? Wondering why I'm wasting my free time on you two."

"And I'm hanging up," resulting Calypsa begging her to stop. "What?"

"Don't be in such a hurry in your condition. What, did Sehki not kiss the pain away? He would to me," she teased. Candy watched Lorena scowl, before smiling.

"Funny, unlike you, we actually went underneath the clothes."

"What?! Oh," softly. "Is your neck okay?"

"You care?"

"Both of you have been in some tough fights since the tournament. Xia's still angry with me. Vena's with the Twelve. We're all trying to get stronger, but I don't want to lose my only other female friends to wrath or pride."

Naturally, both ladies were taken aback.

"I know it's weird coming from me, but I couldn't save my friends by myself. Fae are powerful, dangerous, but our society has never accomplished anything alone. I knew I wanted your help, but you've done more for me than you I realize. So don't lose your hearts either."

"You mean that?"

"Candy, who do you think told Wali about you all? I'm serious. You, Lore, maybe a few more. When I'm out and there's no drama, let's just spend some time out for fun. How does that sound?"

"Not entirely awful," Lorena admitted.

"Great. And before I go: Lore, Taylor confessed to all of his crimes, but I'll need your sense of justice to save his heart. Candy, Wali's right, just have a bit of fun with your designs. Talk later," hanging up.

"Fun? Does she mean switch things up?"

"Always the enigma. But she's right about Taylor: he genuinely wants to be a hero, he's just a freaking Neckar at himself. The only thing he cares about is his ego."

"And family? He thought he was making his family proud."

"And they don't care about anyone who lets them get away with anything" thinking about Easel. "That girl, they're the reason she joined Kesh. That whole group is built on the actions of the President's families," getting frustrated by their existence.

Candy clutched her uninjured side of her hand. "But you won't have to handle it alone."

Lorena calmed down, resting her head on her shoulder as they walked.
"If I had another sister like you while Yessenia was busy, maybe I wouldn't be so jaded."
Candy gave her a beaming smile. "You're only jaded since you care so much."

"Fair enough. Now I see why Calypsa was so aloof." picking herself up. "Let's go."

Both of them caught wind of screaming, running to find Nico and Claudia on the run from a student in a cloak shooting crossed shaped fire projectiles.

"You won't get your hands on these!"

Candy dug her hands into the ground to create ice around the floor. Lorena climbed on her back as she made skates to head straight for the duo, shooting their attacker in the legs with ice.

"Come," making enough ground towards the Swampflare Garden, dodging the giant flowers burping flamethrowers. Though they figured to move quietly to not gain the plants attention, a male voice yelled for them to come out.

"Who is he?"

"We heard someone found a Switch like the one Nico used on Friday so we went to check it out near the Skyrock Sauna but all of them were gone."

"We tried to warn him and stop him like Sehki did, but he started with Crux spells after using it."

"Get back here! My class has two heirs and two of their friends! I can't get left behind or get expelled anymore!"

"A Saiban student?"

"Len Breed. His parents were a clinic who helped out Jia and she recommended him but he wasn't that bright."

"Whoever gave him that switch was intentional," using her legs to pull their bodies down from the blast.

"Oh crud, you can't fight," pointing out Sehki's and Lorena's condition. "I'll call for help."

Candy decided to bear responsibility.

"No, the four of us will handle this."