Chapter 22: Surprised?

Eventually, Two moved back out. They got an apartment about 20 minutes away, so X was able to go visit whenever. It was a huge relief when they left; I was glad that X and I had come to an agreement where he could go see Two, but not have them in our house. X didn't visit that often, but I could tell he enjoyed going when he did.

I started going to therapy, understanding my mind a little more. I was able to figure out the roots of my thoughts, finding ways to let the past go. I hated talking about it all at first, but eventually I could open up to my therapist, and that helped a lot. I felt a lot less disgusted with my childhood, and I even got comfortable with what had happened.

X and I had a long talk, too. He set up boundaries, and I understood. It was hard not to feel hurt for a little, but when I saw how much happier he was from then on, it didn't matter. I felt like I was back in high school again, so happy to see him... X and I started a garden together, and it was my favorite part of this pretty house. We had flowers and a few other plants, which I usually ended up using when cooking.

 I started sleeping in my old bed again instead of the couch, happy to feel X's presence next to me at night again. We got back on track with our relationship, and things were a lot healthier. I wasn't so possessive, and X wasn't so nervous to upset me. It hurt to find out that he had been, but it was extremely relieving to know I wasn't causing that anymore.

I fixed myself a lot, and I was proud of it. Even if the other people I used to talk to still wouldn't reach out, I didn't need them. I had my fiance, and that was good enough. I started journaling, and even ended up writing a whole story to try and understand other people's point of views. I'm no writer, so I'm not going to publish it like some unknown author trying to get famous.

November 3rd, 2026. Today, I'm taking X to dinner to celebrate our first official anniversary, so I can't write anymore today, but I think this story has wrapped itself up anyway.

 Today, I'm taking X to dinner to celebrate our first official anniversary, so I can't write anymore today, but I think this story has wrapped itself up anyway