Part 5

Sam: We can't do this, Mon. We can't!!

Sam said as she watched Mon struggled to open the baby-proof cabinet, and Zoe was sitting on her high chair crying her lungs out.

The baby had only been in the house for an hour, and she had been crying non-stop ever since. Perhaps, when she recognized the familiar surroundings, she expected to see her parents there. However, after a few minutes, the poor girl started crying and crawling around the house as if she were searching for something.

It was painful for both Sam and Mon to witness such a thing.

Mon: Seriously, did they have to baby-proof every single little thing?

Mon was simply looking for Zoe's spoon to feed her some food - maybe that would stop the girl from crying, she thought.

She gave up after another attempt to open the cabinet and just grabbed a regular spoon.

Sam: They definitely didn't think this through!

It seemed like Sam's mind was in another place. While Mon was trying to find a way to calm Zoe's hysterical crying, it hit her that this would be her scenario for the rest of her life.

The scenarios that her friends and family had been pushing on her, and she did everything to dodge it, now it's happening...

Mon: here, sweetie, open your mouth...Here comes the airplane...

Mon tried to make it as fun as possible for the crying little girl, who tried her best to push the spoon with what looked like mashed potatoes on it - it didn't look appealing, but Mon knows Yuki and Tee try their best to feed healthy food for Zoe. So, she also tried to cook this meal for her.

Mon had no experience with babies besides spending hours babysitting Zoe when her friends were still alive. She didn't find it hard then because Yuki would give her all the instructions she would need to keep their child alive. However, this time, Yuki had left her child with no instructions and she wouldn't come back.

Mon: come on, Zoe. Open your mouth!

Mon tried to push the spoon toward her mouth, but that made the girl more upset, and she started screaming more.

Now Mon was feeling overwhelmed with all the crying, the pain of grieving, and the pressure of knowing she would now have to raise her best friend's child with Sam.

Mon: here, eat Zoe, please. Open!

Sam: Mon, I think she doesn't want that.

Sam ran her fingers through her hair, trying to figure out/ remember the other foods she'd seen Tee feed Zoe. She started looking through the cabinets while still hearing Mon desperately trying to feed Zoe.

Sam found the snack she had been searching for. As she turned to head back, she caught a glimpse of Mon's happiness as she offered Zoe a bite of the food. However, this moment of joy was short-lived, as Zoe spat all of the food directly onto Mon's face.

Sam found it amusing to see Mon's reaction, which was a complete freeze. Although Sam wanted to burst out laughing, they managed to hold back and kept a straight face.

She quietly walked to the chair where Zoe was sitting and removed the plate. She dumped some cheese puffs on the high chair tray, and Zoe immediately grabbed a few and brought them to her mouth.

It was not a healthy option, but at least it calmed Zoe down!

Sam leaned back on the counter while Mon tried to wipe the food off her face. Sam saw her, letting out a deep sigh.