Going out

Saturday soon came around and Hikari stood in front of the mirror in the outfit which she had picked put for her date. Nanami had asked her to try and do her best to get along with this guy. She had found out from Kei that his name was Yuto and Nanami's date was to be Takeru. Either way Nanami had asked her to make an effort so Hikari obeyed and she put on some of her best clothes. She ended up wearing a smart pair of light blue skinny jeans and a simple white top that clung to her curvy figure. She then started to tend to the matter of her hair. She did not know how she should wear it. Should she simply place it in a plait? Was that too casual? Should she put it in a bun? But then she might look to formal. Hikari sighed, going on a date was hard work. Her door seemed suddenly and Tomoe came in. Earlier that morning he had used his transformation magic to conceal Hikari's yokai form but he was really un happy about it.

"Are you really going through with this?" He asked her coming in and shutting the door.

"Yes I said I was going and I am. I will only not go if Nanami decides that she no longer wishes to go." Himari said taking down her hair from it's bun. She started to french plait it instead.

"A human and a yokai cannot be together."

"I'm not stupid Tomoe I am well aware of that. I have no intention of falling love with the guy I am simply sending some tome with him. Nanami and Takeru will be there it will be fine."

"Why are you so calm about this?"

"I'm not you have just been in a foul mood since you found out on Monday. It has been rather annoying."

"What's annoying is that you are heading put a date with a human."

"Tomoe if you wish to shout just leave. I do not wish to go on this date any more than you want me to go. I have never even met this boy once, me falling in love with him as out of the question."

"How can you be sure?"

"Because my heart already belongs to another." Hikari said as she took her hair put again. "Still doesn't look right." She said to herself. Tomoe had gone silent. "I do not let myself fall in love easily and as you are probably aware that for yokai to be falling out of love is very hard and painful. I have only fallen in love once and I cannot say that it was all that enjoyable. It was hard to remain in a strong relationship but even so I had already fallen. After Ryuu...you know...I began to push all men away. It might sound pathetic but I thought that if I did that then I would not fall in love and I would never have to feel that pain again."

"Why do you use past tense?"

"Because I know now that I was completely wrong. I have shut my heart up for many years but still love has seemed to broken though those walls and I have fallen again but it is not with this human boy."

"Who is he?" Tomoe asked getting angry. He wanted to know the thief that had stolen Hikari's heart but at the same time he didn't want to know.

"A girl will never tell her crush to another guy." Said Hikari in a cheeky manner. "Now I have to finish getting ready but I can't decide what I should do with my hair."

"Why not simply wear it down?" Hikari looked at him through the mirror.

"Down? I haven't really ever considered that." Tomoe moved forward and ran his hand through her hair gently. Hikari let him and watched through the mirror. He looked sad, she had clearly hurt him with her words. Either way he had to know the truth. She would not allow herself to be with a man ever again. That was what she had told herself on the night that she had killed Ryuu.

"I used to have long hair such as this but I cut it off once I became a familiar, it was inconvenient."

"Do you miss it?"

"I do sometimes but even my hair was not as beautiful as yours is. It's so...pure."

"I am far from pure. The sins I have committed are many and my hands are forever stained red with the blood of those I have killed." Tomoe moved her hair out of the way with his hand and brushed his lips against her bare neck, teasing her.

"Yes but you are still pure to the touch of a man. Ryuu clearly did not dirty you in that way."

"No he did not but that was my choice. we could not go that far. We knew that would be pushing the limits of our relationship to the max. It was to dangerous. I hope that you understand Tomoe that it is the same with you. You are fire and I am ice...every time you get close to me you are risking your life. I ask you not to be careless with such a precious thing...