Chapter 7: Devv?🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

The morning dawned bright and early, the air filled with excitement as the families prepared for their journey to Manali.

But amidst the hustle and bustle, there was one hiccup - Dev had forgotten to book four tickets for the plane. Chaos occurred Ram scolded Dev.

Vedang angrily looked at him,"Dev, how could you forget to book the tickets? Now what are we supposed to do?

Dev sheepishly said, "Sorry bhaiya, I didn't realize it until this morning sorry guys" he apologized. "Okay I have a backup plan" Iraa said. "We can get a train!"

"A train?" Vedang looked at her. "Yes cause that's the only option you know, and I checked there are trains available, four of us can take it if we go quickly" She said.

"So who's going from train?" Reyansh asked. "DEV!" everyone called his name. "Ya okay but who else?" he shrugged.

"I'll come" Iraa said smiling. "It will be fun I think. Adi would you come?" she asked but she refused it. "I'll come" Vedang said. "YOU?" Dev and Iraa said at the same time.

"Yea someone sensible is required Iraa ji, unless you want to trust Dev for the whole thing?" He said looking at Iraa who just nodded in agreement.

"I'll come too then" Kriti said.

"Aaram se baccho take care of yourself" The parents said. Despite their frustration, Vedang, Iraa, Kriti, and Dev with no time to waste, hurriedly took their bags and made their way to the train station, hoping to secure seats on the next available train to Manali.

As they boarded the crowded train, Vedang and Iraa found themselves squeezed into a compartment, their proximity only adding to the awkwardness between them.

To ease the mood Iraa said , " Well, this is certainly an adventure we didn't anticipate!" "Yeah sure as if we had a choice thanks to someone" Vedang said grumpily and eyed Dev who just coughed.

Meanwhile, Dev wasted no time in teasing Kriti, who sat quietly beside him, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"So, Kriti ji aap ready hai for some fun in the hills? It can be scary you know, what if you get lost?" He said to Kriti annoying her.

He again said, " don't worry, I'll be there to rescue you" and winked at her. "Don't worry I don't forget things unlike someone" she said quietly rolling her eyes.

"Aap rehne do sir ji. Bada chala hero ban ne, he's scared of heights" Vedang said making the girls laugh and embarrassing Dev.

"Bhai yaar! aise toh you don't talk now you want to" Vedang looked away.

Their banter continued as the train rattled along the tracks, the playful atmosphere lifting everyone's spirits.

Dev pointed at Vedang's messed up look because of rushing and laughed ,"Looks like someone forgot to comb their hair this morning!" Iraa and Kriti looked at him.

Vedang rolled his eyes, "Very funny, Dev. At least I don't look like I just rolled out of bed"

Iraa said chuckling, "Boys, boys, let's not do jhagda! We're all in this together, remember?"

She looked at Vedang, "Do you need to fix your hair?" "It's fine I don't have a comb and it will just ruin them more" he said.

"I can help my nails are like a comb" she said moving both are eyebrows. Vedang looked at her, and understood she was just bored again. "NO need". "Oh cmon", she said putting her hands in his hair. "Iraa dont" he again stopped.

"I don't like it when someone touches my hair" he said.

"Ya ya Iraa he's saying the truth. Once when we were small, Sidharth bhai tried to comb his hair and he took the comb and tod diya" Dev said
.
"Baapre so violent Mister" she gave him a side eye and he shrugged.

After some time everyone chatted for a bit. At one point, Dev accidentally spilled his drink on Vedang's lap, welcoming a chorus of laughter from the entire compartment.

Vedang shot Dev a death glare, while Iraa and Kriti couldn't contain their giggles at the sight of Vedang's soaked trousers.

Vedang grumbled, " TERI TOH! This is all your fault, Dev. Remind me never to let you handle any important tasks again" ,

"Here" Kriti gave him a towel. Iraa helped him get a new pair of pants from his bag.

As the journey progressed, the group found themselves bonding, the initial awkwardness between Vedang and Iraa too started fading away with each passing mile.

It was now night time and Dev was passed out on Kriti's lap. She didn't mind, even if she did , it didn't look like he would get up that's how much sleepy he was. She too drifted off to sleep.

Vedang kept typing on his laptop with stern face and furrowed eyebrows.

He felt someone touch his head, it was Iraa. She was trying to smooth his furrowed eyebrows. "You should rest you know, bohot time se you are on your laptop" she said.

He kept his laptop as soon as she told him to.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" he asked her. "I don't know, I can't help at unknown places without anyone looking around" she shrugged.

"You can sleep I'll keep an eye" he said looking at her. "You need sleep more than me you know" she looked at him smiling.

"We can take turns" he said and she nodded making him sleep first.

After 1 hour she climbed up and tried to wake up Vedang who was already planning to get up. He got scared when he turned around.

"hey I'm sorry to disturb but mujhe bohot neend aa rahi hai..kya aap uth sakte hai?" she said sleepily making him laugh at her cuteness. "ha ha I was just getting up"

Vedang climbed down from his upper seat and motioned her to go and sleep.

"Cant I just sleep here?" she asked. "Won't you be uncomfortable?" he asked. "It's better than sleeping up" "Okay" he said giving her space to sleep.

"You can sleep here you will fit aaram se" he said giggling a bit.

"Are you calling me short?" she asked angrily. "Why aren't you?" he asked her back and she just rolled her eyes. "You aren't that tall either!" she argued sleepily. "Says a 5 feet girl" he laughed. "I'm no-"

"Anyways you can keep you legs on mine and sleep" he cut her off giggling. She sleepily pointed at Dev whose head was on Kriti's lap, "can't I sleep like that? we don't have a pillow" she asked.

Vedang got a bit flushed but just nodded. She kept her head on his lap making him nervous and actioned as if she was shooting herself.

Vedang laughed at her actions and she drifted off to sleep as soon as she "shot" herself.

___________
Hey beautiful people! here's chapter 7! sorry for the delay❤️‍🔥