Chapter 26: Shooting stars

"there's something I need to do."

She looked up at him, her eyes wide and curious. "What is it, Vedang?"

He took a deep breath, his gaze locking with hers. "Can I kiss you?"

Iraa's heart skipped a beat, her cheeks flushing a delicate pink. "Puchta kaun hai!," she whispered shyly, barely audible, her voice trembling with anticipation.

He chuckled. His hand slid from her cheek to the back of her neck, his touch warm and gentle. He leaned in slowly, giving her every chance to pull away, but she didn't. Instead, she closed her eyes, her breath hitching in her throat.

Their lips met in a soft, tentative kiss, a delicate brush of skin that sent a shiver down her spine.

Vedang's other hand found her waist, pulling her closer as he poured all his feelings into the kiss.

Iraa responded with equal emotions, her hands resting on his chest, feeling the rapid beat of his heart under her palms.

The world around them seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them in their own little universe.

When they finally pulled away, both breathless and with hearts racing, Vedang rested his forehead against hers, their breaths mingling in the cool night air.

"Oh my god I have a boyfriend hehehehe" Her weird self , blurted out making him laugh loudly.

"And this boyfriend is the luckiest guy on the planet" he said.

They both chuckled and were about to kiss again when

"Kaun Hai ??" Sidharth called out making both of their eyes go wide. Iraa quickly pulled Vedang down as they both hid behind the wooden barrel.

"Why are we hiding?" Vedang whispered. "I don't know!" Iraa mouthed. Sidharth was the very first person who knows everything..obviously.

"Let's just get up" Vedang said softly and was about to get up but she pulled him back again. Didn't say anything, just looked down biting her lips.

Vedang's POV
"It's just Sid" I thought and honestly it didn't matter to me even if he did see us. But she pulled me back again, I sensed that she was nervous.

How cute she looked ahh. "It's okay rabbit" I whispered brushing my finger on her nose. She looked at me with her doe eyes, this girl just makes my heart burst.

Iraa smiled. Her one smile, just one smile makes me feel like a whole special human.

"Let's sit" she said, pulling me more. I was so thankful for that, my knees were hurting crouching down that small height.

"thankyou"

"heyya, we can talk now..I thought someone was there" We heard Sidharth talking with someone. "I miss you" he said, trying to sound cute.

Iraa looked at me with shock. "Oh. my. god." she almost said it too loudly. "iraa!" I whisper shouted. "Sorry sorry" she said sheepishly. "Who's he talking to?" she asked curiously.

"I don't know he's been talking with someone since last month" I shrugged.

"Ah what is wrong with you guys???" she said angrily.

Author's POV
"Maine kya kiya?" Vedang asked dumbfounded. "What do you mean kya kiya?? Like I'm asking you for some tea and you are like mehhhh" Iraa whisper shouted at him.

"aree!" "What aree? no aree! give me some gossip.." she said rolling her eyes.

"Acha madam you like drama don't you?" he asked her smirking at her gossipy self.

"So what?" she asked backed aggressively. "SOO....nothing nothing haha I toh just was saying ha ha don't get angry" Vedang nervously said fanning her. "HMM!" she looked away.

"ohh look there are shooting stars here Oh my god wait I'll take a picture and send you!" Sidharth suddenly said clicking a picture of the stars.

Iraa and Vedang too looked up. "OMG! MAKE A WISH!" Iraa said quickly closing her eyes.

Meanwhile Vedang, looked at her with pure adoration. "I already have you" he thought. But he still closed his eyes and wished for something.

Iraa's POV
"Please protect us from any problems that may arise ahead. Give us the strength to stick together..I can't lose him" I prayed.

By the time I opened my eyes I saw Vedang still praying. What is he wishing for I thought. He looked so handsome. Not even kidding. How can this guy like me? I still wonder.

The moonlight casting on his face just increased his beauty 10 times more.

"so charming" I thought.

"thankyou" he said, opening his eyes. "What?" I asked shocked. "for calling me so charming" he smiled.

"YOU HEARD THAT?" I asked dumbfounded. "You said it loud miss" he chuckled and I looked away embarrassed.

Suddenly I felt a small peck on my cheek I looked at him who was smiling like a small kid, proud of what he did.

__________________
Please comment n vote..I'll be posting the next chapter only if there are atleast 20 comments and 100 votes