Chapter 13: umm..💕

"Abh kaise chup ho gyi aap?"

"M-mei," Iraa stuttered. "Ji aap?" Vedang asked, looking at her. He found it amusing; to him, she looked cute.

"Umm Sid-Sidharth bhai," she managed to say, but she got more nervous. He was looking at her deeply in her eyes. "Hmm?"

Vedang's POV

It was cute to see her so nervous. Normally she talks without any full stops and commas, but right now she was quiet.

I didn't know I could do that. Hell, I didn't even know why I was still holding her, why I was teasing her, why... why I was looking at her. This is not me.

Her cheeks became red. For the first time in my life, I actually saw it. I thought it was just a phrase. She was shy yet she was looking at me. Well, I made her, but yeah.

I had seen her a few times; it wasn't like I saw her face for the first time, but...

It felt like the first time. She had long lashes, her eyes were dark brown, and she had a little mole under her eye that just made her more pretty.

She had a soft jawline; her face is round. Her cheeks, oh god, I wish I could pinch them. She had chubby cheeks. Her hair was slightly wet. She just showered, I guess.

A gust of wind passed by, and a thin strand of her hair fell on her face. Unknowingly, I touched it, putting it behind her ear. What am I doing? Why am I doing this?

It was as if someone hypnotized me. She looked at me and blinked more than twice. "Umm.." she tried to speak.

"VEDANG!!" I heard a voice, making me come back to reality. I realized what I was doing and quickly let her go, maintaining my distance.

"Umm, woh dinner is ready. Sidharth bhai told me to call you downstairs," she said, looking here and there. "Oh-" "I'll go down... you too join quickly!" she cut me off and ran away.

I heard a ting sound when she ran away. A ghungroo (bell) from her anklet fell down. It was not just one but a small chain of three attached together. I picked it up, thinking I would return it later.

A few moments later

Iraa came down running and sat on her chair. "Why do you look so red?" Dev asked her. "I know, right! Even the day she wore a saree, her face was red," Kriti said.

Thanks to your brother, Iraa thought to herself, looking at Dev.

Iraa's POV

Just then, Vedang came down. Speak of the devil, I thought.

Vedang and Dev were serving us. Aditi had already started eating the moment food touched her plate."Wait bhai!" she said when Vedang came to serve the gravy on my plate.

"She can't eat." "Why?" he asked. "It has green peas in it, Iraa," she said and continued eating.

Vedang looked at me, confused. "Ah, woh, I'm allergic to it. Thanks, Adi!" I said. "Ohh." "Yeah."

We all ate our dinner. Karan bhai and Ram uncle had gone out to bring some stuff. I saw the time; it had been a long time since they left.

"Maa!" I called her. She looked at me from another table. "Bhai and Ram uncle didn't come yet?" I asked, and she said they would come soon and continued to eat.

We had finished dinner, yet they hadn't come. Everyone else was busy talking and decided to do something since we had an early dinner.

One of my dad's friends had made a small arcade here. Everyone decided to go there. I couldn't focus. I was getting worried; hence, I decided to stay back.

I went outside and sat on the couch on the veranda after everyone left. I called Bhai, but he wasn't picking up. Just then, the door opened. "Are you worried?" someone asked. I looked up. Vedang.

"Why are you here?" I asked. "I don't know," he replied. "They went to the arcade," I said, looking away. "I know... you are worried, aren't you?" he asked again.

"How do you know?" I asked. "Nothing, you just were quiet, and they haven't come back yet, so," he said, sitting beside me. I nodded.

"Actually," he said after a pause, "I'm worried too, but I think they will be fine," he said, and I felt a bit assured, but that little tingling feeling didn't go away.

His phone buzzed with a notification, and I saw his wallpaper. "Ohh," I said. "You have a cat?" I asked, and he nodded.

I showed him my lock screen, having a photo of my cat. "Ohh, you too," he said and smiled. Pretty smile.

Just then, we heard a car horn. Ram uncle came out of the car. "He's fine, they are fine," I said to Vedang, both of us giving a sigh of relief.

But we were too soon to think that.

"BHAI!!!!!"

________________
Heyy! what do u think about the chapter??

Guys vote n comment yaar💔😭