Chapter 18: oye rabbit?

"Abee sun toh!" Sidharth tried to say again but they had already reached to the hall where everyone was sitting.

Iraa ran down to the bathroom of the ground floor.

"What the fuck where you even thinking Iraa? Seriously ye expected that you guys hardly know eachother since 1 week. Get yourself together! Don't forget what happened before"

Iraa talked to herself as she broke down in tears.

Meanwhile in the hall Vedang sat on the corner sofa, his eyes unknowingly searching for Iraa.

Sidharth kept looking at him trying to signal him that he needs to tell something but annoyed Vedang didn't look at him.

The lights were dimmed as the movie started. Iraa came out of the washroom thankful to see the lights were off since her face was puffy because of all the crying.

"Iraa come fast!" Kriti called her. Kriti was sitting on the carpet leaning her back to the sofa and she has saved space for Iraa on the sofa.

Iraa nodded quickly moving away from the TV and sat there.

It was about 20 Mins since movie was going on and Vedang kept stealing glances at Iraa every now and then.

Whereas Iraa's eyes were cold as a stone, she was just blankly looking at the screen, not laughing not smiling or anything at all.

Vedang found it weird since usually she's very bubbly. He sensed something was wrong and had the urge to help her with whatever it was.

After thinking 2 3 times he softly got up.

Iraa's POV

I was not interested in the movie at all. I just wanted to go in my room.

"can I sit here?" I heard a known voice and didn't dare to look up. I just couldn't, I was embarrassed. "ask her" I said pointing towards Kriti.

please kriti say no..."It's fine you can sit here! mind if I take ur seat there?" she asked softly smiling at him, he nodded. Nooo I thought.

I dared not to look at him or talk with him. I can't. Not yet. I was angry. Suddenly the lights turned on.

"snack timeee" Dev squealed. "Bhai go bring the snacks" Dev said looking at Vedang.

"What?" "Yes you are seating at the last and are more paas mei go fast chalo!" He said.

"Ha ha take Iraa also..beta go" Dad said. Dad no why.

"You guys continue the movie then, we'll bring it" Vedang said and I nodded since either way I wasn't interested.

They turned the lights off again as we both went to the pantry.

Author's POV
In the kitchen,

"I'll get the snacks" Vedang said nervously, sensing the tension between them. It was weird. She didn't look at him once and gave only small replies.

Iraa went to grab the bowls and plates. The bowls were in the upper cabinet and she couldn't reach it neither did she want to ask him for help.

So she climbed up on the kitchen counter, sitting on her knees as she took out the bowls.

She kept them aside and got up to climb down but saw Vedang standing infront her, she got shocked and lost her balance but as always he caught her.

He held her under her thigh almost like a koala hug. "You could have asked me na?" He asked softly. "I..I thought I could do it" she said coldly still on looking him.

"Is everything fine?" he asked, Not being able to take the silence anymore. "Yes" "You are lying" "I'm not" "Ira-" "Why does it matter to you???" she cut him off angrily.

"What?" Vedang asked shocked. "Yes! why does it even matter to you if something is wrong with me or not? tumne koi contract liya hai???!" she yelled at him.

"Okay relax" He surrendered not wanting to provoke her anymore. He made her sit on the kitchen counter still holding her waist with his one hand.

He was about to say something when Aditi called him. "Bhaii snacks!' "aaya" he said, still looking at Iraa.

"I know you are angry right now but can you wait here for me?" He asked politely, putting a strand of her hair behind her ear, stroking her cheeks. She nodded. She liked his touch.

"Here" he gave them all the snacks at once. "Where's Iraa?" Sneha asked and Vedang lied that she was in the washroom.

He went back to the kitchen without anyone noticing and locked it from inside.

Iraa was still sitting there, her eyes watery. "Iraa?" Vedang called her out worriedly after he saw her face.

"You can talk with me if you want" he said softly, wiping a tear that fell.

"There's nothing to talk...I know everything" she said pushing his hand away. "And why are you touching me? Don't you hate it?" she angrily said, making herself get off the counter.

"What? Where's this coming from?" He asked confused. She didn't say anything and was walking towards the other door that led to the stairs.

"Wait!" he held her hand and accidentally pulled her with weight causing her to bump into his chest.

"Im sorry" he said, he looked at her face all red as if she was about cry. "hey? oye rabbit why are you crying?" he asked softly holding her cheek with his one hand and waist with the other.

Iraa looked at him, his faced filled with concern. Her eyes softened. He did his usual thing, stroking her cheek slightly trying to calm her down.

Iraa closed her eyes leaning into his touch. Vedang noticed it and smiled softly looking at her somewhat calm face.

Suddenly realisation hit Iraa as she he pushed him away. "Noo!" She whispered as she ran away from the other door to her room.

"Iraa!" He called her slightly not wanting any attention from outside, but she had left.

____________
Please vote n comment 🩷